picked up a P-64 today, need to find grips

Info, pictures, advice...
prometheus

Post by prometheus »

Hi all :)

I have wanted one of these P-64 to add to my military sidearm collection, but all of the ones I have seen have "CAL" "MAKAROV" and "x18" laser engraved on the slide. Which didn't appeal to me, so I held out until I can find one that was devoid of all those ugly etched markings. Well today my patients has paid off, at the gun show I found one that was clean of those additional engraving on the slide, the import marking was at the bottom of the frame just in front of the trigger guard, I can live with that. Needless to say at the price of 150 bucks OTD, and in excellent + condition, it went home with me ;D

Now my other pet peeve, the grips. I'm not all that crazy about that "thumb rest" left panel grip, is there anybody selling the flat panel military grips that these original had on them? I tried searching the net, but came up with zilch. I have no idea why they would change out those military grips for the "thumb rest" one, but it just doesn’t look right with that thing on a military sidearm.

Here are a few pictures of it, dated 1972, the last one is where the importer TG (Tennessee Guns), Knox, Tn, engraved it's info.

Last edited by prometheus on January 21st, 2007, 2:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

prometheus
WELLCOME
To bad we can't find out what they did with all the left panals
and import them into the country

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on January 21st, 2007, 6:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by space »

I got an origional set of grips from Bartos when he was selling stuff from Poland. They are in their origional plastic bag and haven't been drilled or fitted to a gun yet. No thumb rests...

You may be able to find a set on eBay. Or just get a set of after market grips from one of the guys on this board.
prometheus

Post by prometheus »

I got an origional set of grips from Bartos when he was selling stuff from Poland. They are in their origional plastic bag and haven't been drilled or fitted to a gun yet. No thumb rests...
Do you happen to have his E-mail? Or what board he is on, and username? Thanks.
Last edited by prometheus on January 21st, 2007, 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

prometheus,

bartos061 is a member here, however, I have not heard from him in quite a while, however, here is his address.

bartos061@interia.pl

Papabear
Last edited by papabear on January 21st, 2007, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
POINT SHOOTER
prometheus

Post by prometheus »

Thanks Papabear
truth

Post by truth »

I have wood and resin grips for sale. The wood is black walnut, with a rosewood back strap.They were made by Himmels son. The resin is by Zee, who no longer makes them. I will sell the walnut for $35.00 shipped and the Zee grips, that everyone is so crazy about, I will sell them for $60.00 shipped. I have them in black or o.d. green. The choice is yours, your thumb shelf grip will crack in time.
prometheus

Post by prometheus »

Thanks for the offer, but I will pass.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

I have a set of grips that came with my 64 I got a beautiful set of grips from Chris and the old ones are sitting in box gathering dust. since I have no intentions of every selling my p64 so there is no reason to keep em...bottom line they do have the rest they are pretty ruff looking (Scuffed up) i think from a rubber over the grip grip.
any if yours break or crack you (or anybody else for that matter) can have free for the asking al
prometheus

Post by prometheus »

Thanks for the help guys, but a member here (magicdoc) already was kind enough to hook me up with a set of original grips. Again you guys are great :)
Last edited by prometheus on January 22nd, 2007, 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by nbender »

Congratulations!