Thanks Norm....

Info, pictures, advice...
nicksterdemus

Thanks Norm....

Post by nicksterdemus »

I'm finally in. Whoo Hooo....... I must have been using an old link or didn't notice my cookies were off coz I never had this much trouble joining a board before.
The twins should arrive next week but I'm having a hard time finding anything to feed 'em. Went as far as ordering Blazer Brass that's not due in for 6 weeks. It was one of the few sites that didn't make my 50yr old butt fill out a piece of paper w/license scanned. No printer or fax here and I'm tryin' to round some up so when the youngun's arrive I'll have sumpthin' to play with.
The other option is cuttin' the bottom outa my overall's pocket......................................
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Thanks Norm....

Post by normsutton »

NICK

welcome
glade you made it
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Thanks Norm....

Post by space »

AimSurplus has 9x18 in stock for $6.50/$6.95 per box. Pretty cheap shipping too.

All you need to do is send in a copy of your license. Scan it, Digital picture and email it in. Should be pretty easy. You need to feed the little ones.....

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/9X18_Makarov.html
Last edited by space on January 5th, 2007, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nicksterdemus

Thanks Norm....

Post by nicksterdemus »

Thanks Space I'll get that to Aim next week but in the meantime I snagged a couple o' C's from ammo2go. Old digcam serial port, new lap usb, blah, blah blah ya know.
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Thanks Norm....

Post by abwehr »

nicksterdemus,

Glad you got the problem figured out and got to the Forum! I was traveling most of yesterday and did not see that you have been able to get registered. I did send you an e-mail this morning asking some questions so we could help you, but things look good for you!

Glad to have you as a member and WELCOME, finally, LOL!!! Please come often and participate as much as possible.
nicksterdemus

Thanks Norm....

Post by nicksterdemus »

Thank ya glad to be here.
steve98664

Thanks Norm....

Post by steve98664 »

Hey all, I buy from AIM mainly too for ammo but they are out of HP.

IF you have a problem scanning your license, I believe cheaper than dirt does a phone verification process and validates via credit card. They are the only dealer online that I've been able to just buy over the phone with.... They are more expensive though.
nicksterdemus

Thanks Norm....

Post by nicksterdemus »

4 x 50rds - 9x18 Makarov Silver Bear 94gr. HP Ammo () = $31.80
------------------------------------------------------
Sub-Total: $31.80
United Parcel Service (1 pkg x 12 lbs total) (UPS Ground, 2007-01-10): $8.55
Total: $40.35
I don't know why I didn't order from cheapdirt but this is what I ended up with 4 the time being. It'll be a few rounds till I can figure out what I want 2 shoot & order in bulk. Read so many reviews, looked @ charts till I'm more confused than ever. I liked the looks of the 115 gr SB but I also read folks were having problems w/heavier bullets. I've noticed lookin' 'round that most seems 2 be 90-95 grn...........................

Cheaperthandirt

Description
Quantity
Price
Total

Item # AMM-398
Ammo 9x18 Brown Bear 94 Gr. FMJ 9x18 Makarov Steel Case Lead Core 50-Rd Box 4 $7.97 $31.88
Product Cost $31.88
Shipping Cost $9.50
Total $41.38

Description
Quantity
Price
Total

Item # AMM-399
Ammo 9x18 Silver Bear 94 Gr. H.P. 9x18 Makarov Steel Case Lead Core 50-Rd Box 4 $8.97 $35.88
Product Cost $35.88
Shipping Cost $9.50
Total $45.38

Saved a Fin but @ least cheapdirt was honest about shipping weight 5.5lb instead of that ridiculous claim of 12lb.........
Last edited by nicksterdemus on January 8th, 2007, 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
space
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Thanks Norm....

Post by space »

Hey all, I buy from AIM mainly too for ammo but they are out of HP.

IF you have a problem scanning your license, I believe cheaper than dirt does a phone verification process and validates via credit card. They are the only dealer online that I've been able to just buy over the phone with.... They are more expensive though.
Cabelas has never asked me for any info when ordering ammo. They don't have 9x18 often but if you can't scan and email, they may be an option.
bzinggg
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Thanks Norm....

Post by bzinggg »

Here are a couple more links for the JHPs by Silver Bear (Barnaul):

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php ... ov-silver-

http://www.rrarms.com/catalog.php?prod=A918RHPN

Note: RandR Arms describes this as "nickle plated", but it is not. It is the zinc plated 94gr JHPs from Barnaul just like the AIM and J & G Sales stuff. Plenty good.

All the truly nickle plated 9x18 Silver Bear Ammo came from LVE (Low Voltage Equipment) plant in Russia. It is not available anywhere now to my knowledge, and hasn't been for some time.
The LVE Ammo was truly excellent and came in 115gr and 120 gr with both the primer and the projectile sealed. In my guns, which have the origional 25 lb recoil springs, I had excellent performance with the LVE rounds and no frame slap or bent casings. Some warn against using the heavier bullet, and perhaps they have a point, considering the possibility that all the P-64s are 40+ years old, and some of them are likely to have weakened springs. If the LVE ammo becomes available again, and nothing has been changed or cheapened, I will be buying more and using it in all my Makarov caliber pistols, P-64s, E.G. and Bulgarian Makarovs, and CZ (vz.)82.

nbender
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Thanks Norm....

Post by nbender »

That is some excellent shooting.

A little known secret: the Silver Bear 115 and 120-grain bullets weighed the same, 116 to 117-grains. The difference was the 115-grain was built with a smaller mouth and a little more attention to quality control.

I think the Russians stopped making heavier bullets because so many people warned about their use and reported feeding problems. I hope they're made again, but right now I'd bet against it. Wolf came out with their 120-grain HP last year and only sold a pallet or two of it and it hasn't been available since. Well, it was a worthless round that wouldn't expand anyway.
Last edited by nbender on January 8th, 2007, 10:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nicksterdemus

Thanks Norm....

Post by nicksterdemus »

Story of my life, day late n a dollar short on the good stuff. @ least I scored on the p64. Thanks 4 da info guys. I'll get my ID scanned somewhere & maybe they can e-mail it 2 me. If nuttin else I'll snail mail 2 the better/cheaper sites. Received my order conformation & replied wishin' 2 know what they wrapped 200 rounds in that weighed 6.5 lb. Still waitin' on the response but I ain't holdin' my breath.......................

Feel free 2 leave me a message if ya run across some good 100+ grn..................
Last edited by nicksterdemus on January 8th, 2007, 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nicksterdemus

Thanks Norm....

Post by nicksterdemus »

Well justice was served on my 12lb 4 box order.

"I changed the shipping. it was almost a dollar difference"

Dang near foldin' cash............................