Looks like the forum is fixed

Post by Curly1 »

You can now post new posts. Whooo Hooo!
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
GuitarmanNick

Re: Looks like the forum is fixed

Post by GuitarmanNick »

Thought it was never going to be fixed. Been checking for many months.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

been trying to get a hold of the owner , but i don't know , right now i'm the only monitor and i can't get in to the main system
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
GuitarmanNick

Post by GuitarmanNick »

I used the "Contact us" button to inquire about the problem, but heard nothing back. Based upon past experience with running a forum, I understand that sometimes the software can develop issues, and updates do not always go as planned.
Would be nice to see a post about what kept it down for so long.
Hoping this board stays around, too. Lots of good info here.
I sometimes had to contact the server owner to get help. Many times, the issues were on his end.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

nick
been trying to get a hold of owner for a long time now , he hasn't responded to me yet , i don't even know if he is still alive , and papabear hasn't been on for over a year , and i don't know how to get in to the main system , so how it got fixed i don't know how

norm
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

It may have just been a reboot of the server that reset it.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

At this time, the forum says dfunk was last active Tuesday, April 18th, 2023. It is possible he is sorting through a backlog, and maybe doesn't have the bandwidth to respond currently?

His other site usgunleather is still active, but says production has been discontinued. Since the lights are on at both sites, someone is ensuring they stay up...

His Facebook page is down, and his Twitter has not been active since 2014. I assume you have tried to email him?
normsutton wrote: April 21st, 2023, 7:12 am nick
been trying to get a hold of owner for a long time now , he hasn't responded to me yet , i don't even know if he is still alive , and papabear hasn't been on for over a year , and i don't know how to get in to the main system , so how it got fixed i don't know how

norm
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Hey all! This is totally on me. I get an incredible amount of spam through the forum and when the hosting company updated the version of php on my machines, I had no real way of knowing that things were broken on here. I have no clue when they started going downhill, but over the past week I updated the forum software to their latest release and updated everything on the server.

I’ll do a better job moving forward about staying on top of continual updates in the future.

Norm, if you can’t log in, reach out and we’ll take care of it. I have not seen any mail of yours come through.
Message me: dfunk at p64resource.com
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Weasel640 wrote: April 22nd, 2023, 8:38 am At this time, the forum says dfunk was last active Tuesday, April 18th, 2023. It is possible he is sorting through a backlog, and maybe doesn't have the bandwidth to respond currently?

His other site usgunleather is still active, but says production has been discontinued. Since the lights are on at both sites, someone is ensuring they stay up...

His Facebook page is down, and his Twitter has not been active since 2014. I assume you have tried to email him?
normsutton wrote: April 21st, 2023, 7:12 am nick

norm
You’re absolutely correct! Sadly, I had to set aside my passion project of US GUNLEATHER since then and haven’t been back at it, since. It’s hard to believe it’s been almost 10 years! I miss it, but sometime still see current photos of holsters I made in that timeframe and remember how much blood sweat and tears went into it.

I ditched Facebook and Twitter for the US GUNLEATHER handle at the same time I shut the shop down, so those are just relics now.

Perhaps I should look into something to send alerts when things go awry here to prevent this from happening again.

If there’s anything around here that I still have to address, please let me know.

Thanks!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

dfunk ,
i can log in , and i can do all the things i use to do , as a monitor , but that's it, i don't why you don't get my emal's , i sent messages though the board too, i was begging to think i was the only one working the board , haven't heard from Hayden ( papabear ) i over a year now , and when it went down , i thought it was over , glad you are still around , to fix things , i still send people here from FB , that want to Know more about the P-64 and other things , i still be here until i can't do any more , my email hasn't change , NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM its been that way since 1992
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

dfunk,

Glad to see you're still here and kicking along with the p64resource site and forum. Sucks though that you had to set aside US GUNLEATHER. Maybe you'll be able to bring it back some other time.

For the other forum members, this site/forum does not exist with out the efforts and resources that dfunk puts into it (along with the help of the mods too). I'm sure dfunk isn't going to toot his own horn, so I will....

If you would like to support the site/forum, there is more information about midway down, in the left of the main site.

dfunk wrote: April 22nd, 2023, 8:07 pm
You’re absolutely correct! Sadly, I had to set aside my passion project of US GUNLEATHER since then and haven’t been back at it, since. It’s hard to believe it’s been almost 10 years! I miss it, but sometime still see current photos of holsters I made in that timeframe and remember how much blood sweat and tears went into it.

I ditched Facebook and Twitter for the US GUNLEATHER handle at the same time I shut the shop down, so those are just relics now.

Perhaps I should look into something to send alerts when things go awry here to prevent this from happening again.

If there’s anything around here that I still have to address, please let me know.

Thanks!
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Weasel640 wrote: April 23rd, 2023, 10:05 am dfunk,

Glad to see you're still here and kicking along with the p64resource site and forum. Sucks though that you had to set aside US GUNLEATHER. Maybe you'll be able to bring it back some other time.

For the other forum members, this site/forum does not exist with out the efforts and resources that dfunk puts into it (along with the help of the mods too). I'm sure dfunk isn't going to toot his own horn, so I will....

If you would like to support the site/forum, there is more information about midway down, in the left of the main site.
Always much appreciated, friend!
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Good to see you are back dfunk and the site is good to go. I have one of your holsters for the p64 and also use it for the FEG SMC918.

As an FYI it was sometime last year I contacted Norm on the Gunboards that I could not create new posts but only respond to old ones.

If you need another moderator you could count on me to help out.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary