Re: WELCOME THREAD AND MEM, INFO

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome Shaggy
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Marty8613

Post by Marty8613 »

Just signed up, but I’ve had a P64 for a few months now. I like it. It came with Marschal grips and looks to have had the spring upgrades. Very accurate, even out to 15 meters. Surprising little gun. Very clean, I holster wear. When I bought it, the mag that came with it had an issue with the spring collapsing weird. One of the coils was hung up inside. I was able to fix that in a few minutes. Probably was why the seller sold it…. Mag looked to be bad.

I just bought 2 mags and an original holster from Numeric. All of them seem to be new original. The mags are identical to the original, they were tight until I loosened the grip screw. The holster even has that new leather smell. Can’t wait to be at the range with 3 mags, so it doesn’t take all day.

Also bought a very used East German mag for my Bulgarian Makarov. It’s the one with the bulge, so it’s the main mag now. I’ll use the other without bulge as the 2nd mag, since it’s a faster swap that way. This mag was ugly and might get blued again once I pick up a kit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

welcome , there are a lot after market mags out there , and non of them are as good as the original mags , keep shooting tried to sell use a bunch , there weren't any good ether , their mags the medal is to thin on them , they look look like original mags but they aren't, so be Leary on buying mags
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

Welcome Marty, let us know how she shoots!!
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome Marty.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
WolframM

Post by WolframM »

Just joined up, can't create a new post yet to show my progress re-activating a pair of P-64's so figured I'd see if the reply feature works. Sent DFunk a message though so I figure it'll get fixed soon enough.

I'm thinking a .32ACP conversion, a .380 conversion, one matte hard chrome and maybe a nickel boron. I already have a P83, so rebuilding them into 9x18 Mak isn't a huge priority, and even with the big hole in the barrel they feed and eject .380 just fine.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome Wolf.. Creating new posts has been broken for some months now. Unknown if it will get fixed.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Anybody know what happened to site admin dfunk? This site is broken or has been hacked and new posts can not be created.

He hasn't been on since 2020.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

been trying to get a hold of DF ( Chris ) for a while now never had his phone number , so i don't whats going on
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Tthat is a shame looks like this site is gonna be in limbo.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

yes i don't know if Hayden (Papabear ) was the other monitor is still alive too been 2 years since i talk to him , he was older than me and wasn't doing to well the last time i talk to him . i have emailed both , and i have limited access to the site i can only do certain things , DF (Chris ) was the owner of the site , there is still a lot of good info on his site , that can be accessed , so as long as i'm alive i do what ever i can to keep it up , but like i said i have limited access to the site , sorry
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

I would suggest any one with problems or new info attach them in this post?
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
cmwadj1

Post by cmwadj1 »

Does anyone have an extra Polish Iron grip that they would like to sell? My email address is collins@alescodata.com Thanks in advance.
Tenutobletz

Post by Tenutobletz »

Okay, there you are, ready to buy a self defence product and now that you're looking at the various makes models and well, you're stumped on which one to buy.