Another PI Grip!

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
Polishiron68

Another PI Grip!

Post by Polishiron68 »

Here is the latest grip model. V.06 Soft Tail. And the last hand made one.
The driver for this one was a slimmer profile with blended geometry for more discrete carry. This required working outside the p-64 "box".
This grip is only 3/16" longer, 1" width, tapering smaller. And about the same depth.
I had to make a new over-mold for the mag. Foot that matched the bottom contours. And yet another extended mag release lever that barely protrudes, yet operates even easier than the first model as it is even longer!
So you can see that this will have to be supplied as a three piece kit. Grip, mag. foot and release lever.
The pricing structure will be similar to individual parts already available. But I will need to be a little creative with the mag. Over-mold to keep the price down. The OEM plastic foot must be removed from the metal floor. The new over-mold is very stout!
Ive been carrying it around awhile. Carries just fine. And the palm swell of the v.05 is missing so it does not rub on my bare skin.
I'll fire tomorrow and report back.
Availability likely in a month. It still needs some clean-up.
Comments and questions , as always ,are welcome.
Russ...
BeoBill

Re: Another PI Grip!

Post by BeoBill »

Will you keep the V 0.5 grip available for those of us who are content with it and don't want to remove and replace "the works"?
jed

Post by jed »

Russ,
Have you ever had any thoughts on a grip for the Tokarev style pistols? The factory grips for these are a pain to keep in place and a molded grips like the ones you do for the P-64 would be an excellent replacement.
Polishiron68

Post by Polishiron68 »

Thanks for the questions.
The v.05 will always be available. And I will be making some variations on the same grip as well.
As for the tokarev. Not much demand at this point. I thought there was an aftermarket grip that helps slant the grip angle a bit. I may work on it at some point.
I have had many calls for Makarov grips. That may be next along with grips.
My focus is on advanced design and manufacturing methods. Such that the customer may be able to order a semi custom grip at little extra cost.
I never thought I would be returning to a career in plastics fabrication. But here I am. It's fun to be of service..
Russ...
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Polishiron68

if you are going to post pix on this board make them right side up or I will delete them

this isn't face book you have 24 hours to straiten them up
Norm
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

They're not pictures of people...you can hold a firearm upside down in your hand, no?

I thought they were deliberately done that way to show the bottom of the grip, particularly the release lever area.
jed

Post by jed »

For some reason I have had problems with the images not being right side up when I post pics.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

so delete them and re post them right side up , very simple , not only that , if you planing on selling these, here , put them in here viewforum.php?f=6
I think it a good idea these new grip's ,
Norm
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage