Commonly broken parts?

Info, pictures, advice...
Caniac92

Commonly broken parts?

Post by Caniac92 »

I have had my P64 for a few months and was wondering how often parts on the P64 break. They seem like a pretty rock solid gun but I want to be able to purchase parts that might break now instead of later when they may not be available.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: Commonly broken parts?

Post by robhic »

You're right, they ARE pretty sturdy and well-made. I've not owned mine for more than a few months but other than 1 trigger return spring, I've not needed any parts. (And I believe I accidentally broke that spring prying the grips off and hit the trigger linkage which broke the end of the spring.) If I was to make a spares kit I think I'd get a trigger return spring or 2 from NORM SUTTON (forum member) for $6 shipped and he takes PayPal. Same for the slide stop lever spring - same price same place. Maybe an extra (or at least 1 new recoil spring in weight of your choice) from Wolff. And a or some hammer springs. Depending on budget and availability, the Polish vendors on Gunbroker are good to deal with and fair. See what they have available and maybe you'll think of a part you might want to have on hand. (Slide-lock lever, firing pin, extractor, some kind of spring, etc.) Think about it and good luck!
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

They are all pretty reliable. If you want to stock extra parts though here are some discussions:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5052

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5104

Also maybe consider the items that would be hard to find and unique to the P-64. I.E. Springs and detents are easy enough to match from other gun models.

-The safety is one that has been difficult for people to find, and causes a total stoppage if broken. You cannot use a safety from another model. If you see one for $35 or less you should consider getting it.
-The firing pin, extractor, hammer, disconnector, etc.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Trigger bar is another one that some peeps have had problems with.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary