Trigger Guard Pivot Pin Broke

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
mychoads

Trigger Guard Pivot Pin Broke

Post by mychoads »

Hello,

I was firing my 74 P-64 at the range and while shooting I thought I saw something fall off the gun so I stopped and looked. Everything seemed normal so I continued to fire but on the next shot the trigger guard fell off into my range bag. It seems like the pin which the trigger guard pivots on broke in half.

Does anyone know where I could find a replacement pin?
This has been my daily ccw piece for years now and I'd like to get it back up and running. I was thinking of checking the hardware store for bar stock of the correct diameter but looking at the old pin it seems like the middle is thinner than the ends.

Any help would be appreciated.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Trigger Guard Pivot Pin Broke

Post by Curly1 »

Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Also are you still using the original recoil spring? You may want to look at putting in a new recoil spring. If your current recoil spring is worn out it can cause undue recoil on the part of the trigger guard that sits up in the frame.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
snailman153624

Post by snailman153624 »

The other thing that I think could contribute is limp wristing it and letting the recoil flip the muzzle up hard enough for your trigger finger to slam into the trigger guard.
mychoads

Post by mychoads »

Gunbroker deactivated my account and is trying to charge me $10.50 in "late" fees over a $2 "verification" charge I supposedly owe them when I signed up in 2012. I contacted them about waiving the fee's and I would pay their bogus "verification" charge (my account was never even verified) but as of now they haven't removed the charges so until that is settled I won't be using their site.

I searched on other auction sites but didn't see them anywhere but gunbroker.

The gun has upgraded recoil/hammer springs along with some trigger work. It has been my primary carry for a few years now and I take it to the range often to practice. While I'm not immune to limp-wristing it, I think the pin just broke due to fatigue.