Noob needs help. R&R slide. Now trigger does not trip hammer

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
volleyballman

Noob needs help. R&R slide. Now trigger does not trip hammer

Post by volleyballman »

I pulled the slide off to do some cleaning, now the slide cocks the hammer, but the trigger does not release hammer, even if it is reset and pulled back manually.
Trigger rod is moving. I can see it above the right grip, but does not trip hammer.
wlockridge

Re: Noob needs help. R&R slide. Now trigger does not trip ha

Post by wlockridge »

I answered your post and came back to see that it's no longer there. I'll do it again right quick and hope I don't double post. Pull off the slide and grips and check to see if the trigger spring (#19 in the assembly manual) hasn't broken or slipped past the notch on the post on the trigger bar (part #21). If it has it will cause exactly the same problem you are describing. The trigger bar will still move because it is connected to the trigger but without the spring tension on the trigger bar it won't catch on the hammer release. If you find this to be the case order both the trigger spring as well as the slide stop spring, as you have to remove the slide stop to reset the trigger spring anyway. You can get them from Norm on the board here and they only cost me six bucks apiece. Download a copy of the assembly manual and Norm will send the specific pages you need with the pertinent pieces marked. It's a pain the first time but If you follow Norm's instructions you should have no problems. Hopes this helps.
Bill
Shoot first, Shoot straight, and hit what you're aiming at, if you can do these things and have six rounds of ammo, you'll have two thirds more than you need to prevail.