Just another girl looking for....A P64 safety catch :)

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
CollectorAly

Just another girl looking for....A P64 safety catch :)

Post by CollectorAly »

Howdy all....I'm not new to guns, but I am a new P64 owner, and my first P64 is what I call a "gunsmith special" :) I have everything I need to put this sweet little gun back together, except for the safety catch. Like others before me, I have looked all over online, asked the parts guy from Poland on Gunbroker if he had a source for one, but have had no luck. Anyone out there know of a place I could find one for sale? Any leads would be much appreciated!

Aly
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Just another girl looking for....A P64 safety catch :)

Post by dfunk »

I think gun broker is the first stop, but some show up here from time to time. I'd say keep a watchful eye on GB and hopefully you'll score.
jemsj4

Post by jemsj4 »

I've been looking myself, with out success. I had seen them occasionally on gunbroker, but none right now.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

This really should be a sticky in the "Buy, Sell, Trade" section.

I the past year I've recalled seeing a few people looking for safetys. These do come up every once in a while but it's the early bird that gets it.

Last time there was a parts gun sale the safety was sold before the gun was even in hand. Still people continued asking if the safety was available even after it was posted as sold.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5156

Plus just yesterday someone was asking for a safety.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5288

Also I recall many many years ago there had been a discussion about getting someone to produce these. But I think it died as the production cost was looking like it would not be affordable.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
CollectorAly

Post by CollectorAly »

Ok, well I guess I will just keep my eyes open like I have been...thanks for the replies! :)
bcnagle

Post by bcnagle »

There's a gun on gunbroker named laukart and he has a crap load of p64 parts straight from the old factory. Message him and he might be able to find one if he doesn't already have on sitting around somewhere.
Stock:
Taurus 605 Poly 357mag
Hi-Point CF380 380acp
Modified:
Springfield Trophy Match 1911 45acp
Kel-Tec P-11 9mm
Savage Model 110 7mm r.m.
Mossberg 500a 12g
Polish Radom P-64 9x18
My Builds:
Ar-15 5.56
Ak-47 7.62x39