grrr..this damn gun!

Info, pictures, advice...
s10nova

grrr..this damn gun!

Post by s10nova »

Gun worked fine...before I put in the new safety disconnector...double action and single action it fired brown bear fine...only issue it wouldn't decock the hammer so...I got on.here..read some and ordered disconnector...installed...now I can't get the slide back on very easily..when I do...decocker works good..fires in SA..but in DA its real short ans snappy...I haven't done live rounds..just dummies...I also noticed when the slides [/color]ff and I try single and doublework...soooit seems to be an issue in or with the slide...any suggestions...
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: grrr..this damn gun!

Post by Curly1 »

Do you have the recoil spring on correctly?

Tight end goes on first.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
s10nova

Post by s10nova »

Springs on right...the issue is its not cocking the hammer back all the way to fire it in da mode...it snaps fast and the hammer barely comes back...maybe 1/4. Of an inch..but with slide off it works fine...feels.good and u can see hammer coming back.and feel it working da
PA-Joe

Post by PA-Joe »

Look at the frame and check to make certain none of the pins are extending out. I noticed one of the pins blocking the slide grove.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

s10nova, I have been messing with mine and can't get it to do what yours is doing. I've held the disconnector in place with my finger at various points to see if the hammer would go back a short way, then fall, but it always goes back properly or the trigger gets impossible to pull any harder.

I would like you to put the old one back in and see if the problems go away except for the disconnector not dropping the hammer when moved to safe as that was your initial problem with the original. If that works out, then take the old one and new one and compare them side by side and see if you can notice any physical differences. Could be something easy.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
fully machined

Post by fully machined »

hammer strut in correct?
s10nova

Post by s10nova »

Messed with gun some tonight..put old disconnector back in and da worked like it should...didn't decock...upon inspection prior to putting it back in I compared against the new one and noticed substantial variances and differences ..new one is more squared at areas old one is well...more worn looking but apparently is filed or machined or is worn more to let da work
properly but not decock function...anyways..need to take some pix and post...who here likes pix..!?!?!? Haha anyways ..guns together as when I got it...I'll prolly shoot her some tomorrow hopefully..disassemble..assemble with new disconnector to make absolute sure the da function doesn't work...i never have fully confirmed it doesn't with live rounds ..only dummies..maybe it will and just have taken on a new snappy da action...
Update to follow
s10nova

Post by s10nova »

P.s. Guy from poland with the parts is awesome..got my disconnector super quick it seemed..and for half of what someone in US would of wanted
s10nova

Post by s10nova »

slight update, with new disconnector in gun only fires in SA...or more plainly put (and not even sure if i'm accurate on sa or da mode) gun would not cock hammer back and fire if i put the hammer back into .."unchambered position"...BUT with dummy ammo in you will at least feel something going on inside when pulling the trigger back..but with a live round in..you don[t feel much...so..now decock function works but gun won't fire in DA mode...disconnectors are different in dimensions..i need to snap some pics of them and post and get some opinions on where/how i need to move material from them..ultimately i'd like the guns decocker function to work, and it fire in DA and SA mode...then i might trade it off...honestly this gun's a little.."scary" with these problems i'm experiencing...the whole decocker function is just crazy seeming to me...u have hammer cocked...put safety on and hammer slams forward..like it's firing..but it doesn't, i know things are going on inside that are meant to stop it from firing but it's still ..just awkward to me...and yes i'm somewhat of a noob to guns..or more accurately i'm really into guns now and learning as much as i can and before someone faults me...at least i know what a p64 is, a cz 82..and 83 etc..my dad's like, cz, and what's that...where's that from...and to think the springfield xd's are a romanian original import, bwahahah...that's just really ironic to me, anyone else?
s10nova

Post by s10nova »

croatia...der, oops, wasr romanian..
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

I hate to seem rude, but I don't think you should be the one fitting the new disconnector. The P64 is a simple gun as far as parts and operation, and without the knowledge of how the decocker works, it's pretty obvious you haven't studied up on it ( or just worked the safety with the slide off the frame to see how it works).

My advice to you is to visit a gunsmith in your area to have the new part fit properly, OR, leverage all the info here and attain a proper understanding of what you're doing.

Again, I'm not trying to sound insulting, but we're dealing with guns here - I'd hate to hear that someone got hurt simply because they didn't know.
s10nova

Post by s10nova »

U might be right...I do need to study more up on it and not ramble on as much in postings