is this normal for a p64

Info, pictures, advice...
expressdog01

is this normal for a p64

Post by expressdog01 »

When i go to decock the hammer by hand and letting the hammer down and pulling the trigger i hear a couple of clicks is this normal?not the click of the hammer it is the disconnecter with the slide off as i let the hammer down it will jump a couple times
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: is this normal for a p64

Post by juniustaylor »

Express, I checked mine. If I pull the trigger just to start the hammer moving forward then let off the trigger and ride the hammer forward, there is no audible noise, nor does the disconnector move. However, if I pull the trigger and keep it held, let the hammer forward, then release the trigger there are 2 audible clicks and sometimes the disconnector "hops" and sometimes it doesn't.

If the second case is what you're experiencing, it is normal. When the hammer is forward and then you let off the trigger, the trigger bar has to reset in its position on the hammer so that it will be engaged in the tooth that allows for double-action pull. In the process of it resetting itself, the disconnector may or may not move, just depends on if it's resting by the trigger bar or not at the time.

If it's the first case, then something seems odd.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
expressdog01

Post by expressdog01 »

it's mostly the 2nd case. the disconnector does seem to hop a lot, 1 more thing are you supposeed to have a cap on the hammer spring? mine does not
thanks expressdog01
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

expressdog01,

There is not a cap on the hammer spring. There is a washer that sits above the hammer spring on the hammer strut, and below should be the mag release. You can see a good picture of them in step 9 starting on page 38 of the Assembly guide.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

As Weasel said, you should have a washer on the top of the spring. It's somewhere around 1/16" thick. If you don't have one, I'm not sure if Gunbroker.com has any listed. You could make your own if you had some sheet steel. You could also buy a washer from the hardware store and cut a chunk out of it to make a tiny washer.
expressdog01

Post by expressdog01 »

made one, seems to work ok,do u guys grease the trigger bar? and rails was going to get anouth makarov now i might get a nother p-64 like this little gun
thanks expressdog01
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I usually use a dabble of gun oil on the back side of the trigger bar where it rubs against the frame. I don't believe it's necessary though, I just do it for peace of mind. I think it's entirely up to you if you want to or not.