Gunsmith Specials

Info, pictures, advice...
MrBook

Gunsmith Specials

Post by MrBook »

Hi all,

First time posting but i have been lurking around for awhile. Anyways I saw this on another forum and figured there might be some interested people in these.

http://centerfiresystems.com/P64-GS.aspx

I don't know what the condition is like but i figured i would pick one up. If anyone cares I will post back on what is all missing and what the condition is like.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Gunsmith Specials

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome Bro,

Good luck and yes give us a report.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Wow, looking at the pictures almost anything could be missing. Grips, springs, safety, firing pin, hammer strut, trigger bar, etc. Good luck! $80 doesn't seem terrible just so long as you can get the missing parts for cheaper than just buying the gun already complete from J&G, Gunbroker, or other outlets. Welcome!

Reading it, completeness varies. That would suck to get a barebones gun. A slide and frame with nothing else. If you could be guaranteed a gun that was basically complete other than a part or two, it would be pretty tempting. Sure is a grab bag.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
MrBook

Post by MrBook »

I have 2 P64s already but I am always up for a project. I am hoping for one of the more complete guns but I have quite a few parts laying around so I figured I would just roll the dice and see what I get.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Maybe they will do a hand pick fr a fee
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Curly, it says no hand pick on their website.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
tdickens

Post by tdickens »

I just spoke with the guy who runs Centerfire. I was going to order one of these specials with my C and R. He said that I could not do so because the pistols were not complete. I seem to recall reading that somewhere else. What a dumb thing.

I got excited for nothing.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Never heard of that before but I guess it make sense as C&R is for collecting and who collects partially completed guns.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Foo Bird

Post by Foo Bird »

If parts were plentiful and cheap, I would say go for it. Considering that a safety goes for $40 on GunBroker, maybe not a good idea unless you like to tinker.
fully machined

Post by fully machined »

I called too. Asked how many do I need to order so I will have a "gun" and can "smith." Three? She said no, no, missing too many parts and most all missing the same parts. You guessed it- safeties and firing pins. Said they might get cheaper latter thou. There was a post on Classic Arms for 5 tokarevs gunsmith special for $250.00 It only stayed on their site for a day. I called and they said it would be 5 registered pistols and I do not C and R so I did not want to pay recieving for 5. What was Tdickins meaning about the P64 and C and R? Its not C and R if its a parts gun??