P64 Springs?

Info, pictures, advice...
bil

Re: P64 Springs?

Post by bil »

Just talked to Andrew at J&G. He's emailing me a prepaid return UPS label, and will exchange my pistol ASAP.
He said he'd try to find one with a stiffer SA, but that they are notorious for light SA and horrendous (his word) DA. Since mine has a plum slide, I asked if he maybe could find another red slide for me, and he said he'd try, but those are rare.
Awesome customer service J&G, and Andrew!!!!!
Yippeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bil *grin*
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

Glad to hear it all worked out for you.
Somebody got a hold of that gun before it shipped. Did one of them Polish trigger jobs on it :)
bil

Post by bil »

Yeah, not a doubt in my mind that a Polish military or police armorer did a job on that thing, did something that went beyond a simple spring job....
PA-Joe

Post by PA-Joe »

Key with these springs is that you do have to file the ends flat, don't leave them in the round. This allows thenm to seat better.
bil

Post by bil »

PA-Joe wrote:Key with these springs is that you do have to file the ends flat, don't leave them in the round. This allows thenm to seat better.
When I saw that the "original" spring was shorter than the 18 lb spring from Wolff, I looked at the bottom. It was flat. Had been filed or sanded down flat.
Just got to wondering, since changing the hammer/main spring made absolutely no difference in the trigger pull, could the Polish guy have done something to the trigger spring? Replaced it with a weaker one?
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I've never heard of filing the ends of the mainspring flat. Heard of it for the recoil spring though. :S Anyway, hard to say what someone else did to it years ago. I'm glad to hear that J&G is going to take care of it for you. That will be real nice. Hope the replacement is in a better state.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF