M1 Carbine

Use this section for all other firearms
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

M1 Carbine

Post by papabear »

This week I made it to the range finally, been really busy and out of town a lot but finally last Thursday I was able to get away for some range time. It has been a long time since I had shot my Inland [7-44] M1 carbine, so along with a couple other hand guns and some beautiful weather, mid 80's and a nice breeze and clear skies I got in some range time.

Used a large stick on target for the M1 Carbine, at 75yds I need all the help I can get, 1st 10 rounds I taped over getting zeroed in, I love shooting it. They did have some lead plates [roughly 10"x10" setting up on the ground at the same 75 yd range and you can tell when you hit the from the sound it makes when you hit them, hit 8 out of 10 with first mag, and 10 out of 10 with the second mag, sweet shooting M1 carbine.

Also tool my LLama 45acp, it kicked butt too at 10 yards, wore out the 9" paper plate at 10 yds. I really like it but I get a little bit between the thumb and fore finger on my hand from the hammer recoil if I don't hold it just right, its really accurate and I like it a lot, no jams, failure to feed, its smooth as silk with original mag or G.I. mags I have or with factory or my reloads.

normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Re: M1 Carbine

Post by normsutton »

HAYDEN

nice shooting

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
eagle71

Re: M1 Carbine

Post by eagle71 »

Nice firearms Papabear, and nice shooting too. I have the same "bite" problem with my RIA 1911 that you mentioned with your Llama. When I shoot the RIA at the range, I wear an old leather cop glove on my shooting hand...problem solved.

I purchased a Garand a while back thru CMP. Was hoping that CMP would have been the broker on all those M1 Carbines that the South Koreans were selling back. Last I heard was that the State Dept nixed the return, based on their belief that "the guns could fall into the wrong hands." That's BS, because if a group like CMP were selling them, their background checks were more than sufficient for people like us to purchase them. Anyway I was looking forward to approval of that deal, as I would love to have an M1 carbine in my collection.