Trigger Guard Pin?

Info, pictures, advice...
rick9plus

Trigger Guard Pin?

Post by rick9plus »

This weekend I shot half a dozen magazines through my P64. I noticed at the end of the session that the pivot pin at the rear of the trigger guard had worked its way almost out. I have never had that happen before.

I got the pin reinstalled. Can anyone tell me what I can do to ensure that it doesn't work itself out again? Weird...
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Trigger Guard Pin?

Post by juniustaylor »

You may have to try to stake the metal around the pin or try dimpling the pin itself to expand the outer part. I'd say staking may be more effective.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

rick9plus wrote:This weekend I shot half a dozen magazines through my P64. I noticed at the end of the session that the pivot pin at the rear of the trigger guard had worked its way almost out. I have never had that happen before.

I got the pin reinstalled. Can anyone tell me what I can do to ensure that it doesn't work itself out again? Weird...
on my first p64 that happened to me. it was a long long time ago and because of the pin I met Norm for the first time and he walked me thru the repair. actually quite easy. there are two ways one way the pin looks like it is the same width and diameter but I swear it goes in best one way and then stays in.you can tell right away. dimpling also works very well I might have done that when using a punch to reset. another way is to use a small nail cut it to size and then dimple that. both ways work. when some of these guns were imported they were stripped downe and some had triggers groved or some other slight mods done.. could be a chance when put back together they didnt set the pin all the way in... by the way there has been a couple of thousand rounds thru it with no re-occurrance
rick9plus

Post by rick9plus »

Thank you for the responses, Gentlemen!

I'll take a close look at the pin when I get home and consider the dimpling vs. staking options.