P 1964

Info, pictures, advice...
Johnny C

P 1964

Post by Johnny C »

Since I was born in 1964, the origional issue date of the P-64, I think it would be neat to have an actual 1964 stamped pistol.

Mine is stamped 1973, anyone have a 1964 stamped pistol?

Do you think that hand select places would select by date stamp?

Johnny C
DoubleTap

Re: P 1964

Post by DoubleTap »

I'm not sure anyone is offering them right now - at least SOG and J&G aren't, last time I checked. If you do manage to find someone with P-64s, I guess it wouldn't hurt to call and ask. Usually for 'hand select', they'll grab a few at random and just pick the best one out of that group. Don't know if you could sweet talk someone into looking for a particular date or not. Never hurts to ask though.
benheart

Post by benheart »

I have a 64 that was built the same year I was... 1969. I chose the '69 out of the two that were for sale (the other was a '73) specifically because I liked the idea of having a pistol manufactured the same year I was. I understand where you're coming from.....
hangfire

Post by hangfire »

The P64s are becoming scarcer for sure. I rarely see them in the gun shops anymore. Saw only one for sale at a large gun show this past weekend, and it was not in great shape (sorry Johnny C it was a 1969). I am debating whether to sign up @ J&G Sales just to have another one for a backup parts gun.