My new (to me) Vz. 82

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
DoubleTap

My new (to me) Vz. 82

Post by DoubleTap »

lklawson

Re: My new (to me) Vz. 82

Post by lklawson »

Looks to be in fair condition. I really like mine. Comfortable to shoot, nice trigger, and accurate.

I see you got a mag with the milled plate. I like the way those look better than the stamped.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
DoubleTap

Post by DoubleTap »

It looks to have been carried a lot and shot very little. The holster wear gives it a bit of character though. The bore sort of scared me when I first looked at it, although my understanding is that they all look like that. Seems reasonably accurate, although it groups quite a bit to the left at 25 yards. The recoil was a little snappier than I expected for such a comparatively heavy gun (at least compared to a P-64). Overall I’m happy with my first C&R purchase, although I’ll definitely need to drift those sights over a tad.

And yes, the trigger is quite nice :D
gwbiker

Post by gwbiker »

Nice score. I suggest you first bench rest at 21' before moving the rear sight. Factory sights placement on the "Commie" guns seem to be right on.

BTW, is that a left hand magazine release??
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

gwbiker, the CZ-82 handguns were made ambidextrous. You can eject the magazine from both left and right hand. The safety is also ambi. The hammer is also ambidextrous :P. The bores on these are interesting, looks like you're looking down a shotgun bore. I enjoy shooting mine, it's a hoot! Mine came with a milled and a stamped magazine. Both of them are fine, haven't had a problem with either of 'em. I shoot right handed but I find it's easier to eject the magazine with my trigger finger rather than trying to reach my thumb to the eject button.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
DoubleTap

Post by DoubleTap »

Juniustaylor is correct...the Vz. 82 does indeed have an ambidextrous magazine relase. Just one of several unique features to this particular model.

At 10 yards offhand, this little guy hits everything I aim at. Still, it's not quite on target at 25 yards, unlike my two P-64's, my PA-63, my P-83, or my Makarov. The rear sight just needs a love tap or two. :D