Woud you like this here?

Info, pictures, advice...
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Woud you like this here?

Post by dfunk »

I figured since our members are typically milsurp shooters, maybe you all would like a section for rifles and pistols as well, and not just a P-64. Let me know - it's just a thought. Thanks!
abwehr
Veteran member
Veteran member

Woud you like this here?

Post by abwehr »

This is a good idea, BUT, I feel this Forum remains the P-64 Forum as the primary source of information for the P-64.

We all tend to be Milsurp collectors, so a seperate section for questions and answers on other rifles and pistols will be a boost to the Forum. So far, the P-64 is a little know area of shooting and collecting. By having the other areas, we may attract others to the Forum and let them know what a great Milsur it is. "dickfunk" you are great for thinking of this addition!

I have 03 Springfields, M1 Garands & Carbines, K98ks, AK, SKS, FN/FAL, CETME, Japanese Type 99s, Carcano, Trapdoors, Makarovs, Lugers, P.38s, and other WWII German Handguns. So, I would have a bunch more to discuss with these items too.
daysleeper

Woud you like this here?

Post by daysleeper »

I'd like to see it remain exclusively a p64 board. It's the only one of its kind, right? If you start adding sections for every other type of weapon it morphs into every other gun board. Just my two cents.
raypol

Woud you like this here?

Post by raypol »

How are you going to keep the subjects separated? A particular thread is started now ane it morphs into a general discussion about all different things. Add all things milsurp and it becomes a mess. There are general discussion boards out there already.
rogue

Woud you like this here?

Post by rogue »

dickfunk,
I think that in order for this board to survive there should be a little variety. I've never seen a board make it that was based on just one particular gun.
It's to bad it can't be just this one gun. Right now there is to much controversy over the one gun as it is. A guy can't even post his own opinions regarding the mainspring fixes without the thread being hijacked by the two resident guru's. I know without a doubt that cutting my hammer spring is as good as any other opinion on this board, and it works. But those two turned it into a discussion on which springs you should buy. My attitude is knock my method all you want "but I know it works". But don't change the subject.
Rogue
ozarker

Woud you like this here?

Post by ozarker »

Hey Rogue,
I think I've read the thread your talking about. Take it this way.. What you posted worked for you and is your opinion. They did not agree with you and thats fine. Thats their opinion. I hope this forum last as we need some resource for our P-64. Hang in there. We need us all to make this work. Your ideas are as good as anyone else's. I've had firearms my whole life, but I've done very little gunsmithing. I read them all and try to see if it benefits me. I recently bought a SKS, searched the forums and found out about slam fires and how to fix it.. Thought I can do this. Ordered the parts and fixed it.. Busted 2 brass punches tho.. I look forward to any idea you might have in the future... Chris (Ozarker)
raypol

Woud you like this here?

Post by raypol »

[quote author=rogue board=general thread=1133280115 post=1133305169]dickfunk,
I think that in order for this board to survive there should be a little variety. I've never seen a board make it that was based on just one particular gun.

The Makarov Forum makes it on just one gun.
jpb
rogue

Woud you like this here?

Post by rogue »

Well JPB, I wish you the best. You personally, are going to need it.
cruiser

Woud you like this here?

Post by cruiser »

How about including all 9x18 handguns?
Since I got hooked on Makarovs I have decided that anything I can shoot 9x18 ammo in can't be all bad and is worth my interest. I now have the p-64 and a CZ82.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Woud you like this here?

Post by dfunk »

I'd like to thank everybody who has replied to this thread so far. This was merely a suggestion from a friend of mine - I feel as if this board should remain a P-64 resource; if you're interested in other firearms, milsurp or not, there are many other places you can go - but only one P-64 spot. I just wanted to see how you as members felt about it.
I've never seen a board make it that was based on just one particular gun. It's to bad it can't be just this one gun.
Well, consider this the first you've seen that will make it based upon this one particular gun (that's what I'm shooting for, at least). That was the whole intention from the beginning.
A guy can't even post his own opinions regarding the mainspring fixes without the thread being hijacked by the two resident guru's.
I read that thread, too. If cutting your spring works for you and your happy with it, thens there's really no more that needs to be said. I know from talking with a few of you that cutting the spring can have catistrophic safety issues. We just want everyone to be safe and happy. If anyone feels like there is a member here on this board that doesn't have the same outlook, please PM me. This forum is a friendly place to discuss this little gun and other related items/issues. A little debate is fine and even makes it interesting, but I personally hate when people bitch back and forth on a message board - again, the reason this one was created. Please have a good time, be safe, and enjoy!
fjblackesq

Woud you like this here?

Post by fjblackesq »

I say stay exclusively with the P 64. There are enough other forum available if you want to go there. If you want rifles, go to rifles, if yhou want whatever, go to whatever. If you want the best up to date p64 info go here at the p64 forum. fjb
rogue

Woud you like this here?

Post by rogue »

dickfunk,
Excuse me, but cutting a bad oversprung spring is no less catastrophic than replacing it with a spring from another brand of gun. There is absolutely no difference, it will either work or it won't. There's no rocket science here. No offense, but I place quite a few orders for springs through Wolff on a monthly basis.
I've been repairing fire arms for more years than I can remember, and shooting them as well. It's to bad that people have to think their way is the only way, and the rest of us are wrong if we think otherwise.
Rogue
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Woud you like this here?

Post by dfunk »

rogue, I'm not harping on your fix! Why are you being so defensive? Didn't you read what I wrote last? Why are you a guest now?
raypol

Woud you like this here?

Post by raypol »

How does a guest get to post messages?

jpb
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Woud you like this here?

Post by dfunk »

Not to worry - he deleted his account and then posted before he left for the last time. I still have all of his info on file.