comparison of pa-63 and cz-82?

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
Legally Armed

Re: comparison of pa-63 and cz-82?

Post by Legally Armed »

smbob wrote:
polock wrote:Both good guns, but CZ82 a bit large for CCW (IMO) tho much nicer/easier to shoot. Seems to me the P64/P63 serve same purpose--good for CCW with lousy DA pulls.
Solution: get a P83! Great DA, accurate, and small enough for CCW--
My PA63 had a horrible DA trigger pull when I first got it. That was the
bad news. The good news is I replaced the hammer spring and the
mainspring with Wolff springs. It took all of about 5 minutes and now
the DA pull is fantastic with absolutely zero FTF issues. Cost: About
$14. :D

Robert
Wolf doesn't sell mainsprings for PA-63s. Which mainspring did you buy?
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Legally Armed
yes they do, they are hammer springs

http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?pag ... D=1&mID=20
and this is how you put them in
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=1585
NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
Bear4570

Post by Bear4570 »

I have a question, I know that my CZ 82 has a polyogonal rifled barrel, does the PA 63 have one also or is it standard rifling.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Bear4570

The PA-63 has regular rifling

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
vorakam

Post by vorakam »

I bought my pa-63 about 2 yrs ago just as I was getting interested in 9x18s. It was my first 9x18. I bought it for $139.00 in new (unissued) condition. After adding the Wolf springs, it has a great DA trigger and really is a pretty good shooter. Cosmetically, its my opinion, its also the nicest looking of the 9x18s. Since then Ive added 2 Bulgy maks, a p64 and a p83.
Ive yet to get an "82", but Ive handled them. The magazine capacity is a big plus with the cz, along with the polygonal rifling, but I still have a hard time with that "painted" finish. I have yet to see one without some degree of finish flaking off.
Legally Armed

Post by Legally Armed »

vorakam wrote:I bought my pa-63 about 2 yrs ago just as I was getting interested in 9x18s. It was my first 9x18. I bought it for $139.00 in new (unissued) condition. After adding the Wolf springs, it has a great DA trigger and really is a pretty good shooter. Cosmetically, its my opinion, its also the nicest looking of the 9x18s. Since then Ive added 2 Bulgy maks, a p64 and a p83.
Ive yet to get an "82", but Ive handled them. The magazine capacity is a big plus with the cz, along with the polygonal rifling, but I still have a hard time with that "painted" finish. I have yet to see one without some degree of finish flaking off.
The pa-63 is definitely the nicest looking of the 9x18 guns. Pretty little guns, and incredible values for $150 (SOG has them for $150 right now).

What the cz-82 has over the others, in addition to mag capacity, is trigger. A box stock cz-82 has one of the nicest DA/SA triggers around, probably beating out any current regular production gun (well, maybe some super high end $2k+ H&K or Sig rivals or beats it, but that would be it). But, yeah, the finish sucks... which makes them great "truck" guns.
vorakam

Post by vorakam »

I concur on the CZ trigger. The ones Ive handled were outstanding!