Picked up a P64 today at a gun show

Info, pictures, advice...
Ersatz

Picked up a P64 today at a gun show

Post by Ersatz »

Been thinking of picking one of these up for a while now and they had a deal on it so I got the p-64 and 4 mags for $240
It also came with this spring which I am not sure what it is, the dealer didn't really know much about this firearm at all.

I attached a photo if anyone could identify the spring for me.

JB7748

Re: Picked up a P64 today at a gun show

Post by JB7748 »

Looks like you got a good deal on your P-64 and I think the spring in question is a hammer spring. I would really clean and do a once over to make sure everything is there and in good working order. Here is a good guide and parts diagram.
http://www.p64resource.com/media.php
Ersatz

Post by Ersatz »

Thanks for the info, any idea if this is the original or aftermarket spring? I guess I should just disassemble it and see what spring is in there but I've never seen the lighter springs compared to the originals.

Also, the safety should have two stops right? Safe and Ready? It feels like this one has three, it clicks right in the middle, are all p-64 like that?
JB7748

Post by JB7748 »

I have both the aftermarket springs and the original factory and they look about the same. The only real difference is the compression weight and the original has the ends flattened. As for the safety it should not have any middle options only safe and fire. I have the same light clicks and I believe it is the disconnector moving when you rotate the safety catch.
Short Circuit

Post by Short Circuit »

Very nice looking pistol, good buy with 4 mags. I have one on order, from
Royal Tiger($199.95), since Jan.25. Been looking at gun shows, these things are kind of scarce, last show only saw one, man wanted $250.00 and it was rough.