C&R P64.............

Info, pictures, advice...
Farmer

Re: C&R P64.............

Post by Farmer »

Juniustaylor; I don't have a problem with a dealer/seller that isn't up on all the gun regs and wants proof the gun is a C&R. I am more than happy to deal with someone in that situation. In some cases it may come down to a S/N and date of production. It's the dealers that don't want to take a C&R at all that I won't have anything to do with. I don't get mad about it. After all it's their right to do business as they wish. Just as it's my right not to do business with someone that doesn't honor a C&R license. I do wonder how much of the problem is 01 dealers protecting their turf or just 01 dealers not being able to verify the C&R license is good. Maybe we would have less problems if the ATF would add C&R licenses to the insta check web site. I don't know just a thought.

Norm; I wonder how many sales some of these guys have lost over the years. I passed on a non C&R handgun not long ago. The gentleman had a canned statement in all his ads that he didn't accept C&R's. To bad because I liked the looks of the gun and he probably could have used the sale.
anjdrifter
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by anjdrifter »

There is a shop that myself and another member of this bpoard went to shop around. I had ,if I remeber 2 or 3 guns on the counter and cash on the counter . The dealer said he couldnt take the C and R because he had already entered them into his book,,, that was really lame and a ficticious reason. I was also ready to buy a new 45LC( Beretta) . guess where the cash went back to and the guns left of the counter as We said good bye.. Havent been back since and wont be going thru those door again..I dont mind the checks and etc and was ready to do them for the new gun but I wont deal with anyone who is ,,,oh never mind you get the picture...
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Al,

That was mean of him to do a thing like that to you, but he paid the price in the end...... :evilgrin:
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Farmer wrote: Norm; I wonder how many sales some of these guys have lost over the years. I passed on a non C&R handgun not long ago. The gentleman had a canned statement in all his ads that he didn't accept C&R's. To bad because I liked the looks of the gun and he probably could have used the sale.

Farmer
I have seen several like that and they sit there for months , they are a fare priced, if you don't have to pay the transfer fee , so I don't buy from them ,transfer fee's around here run from 30 to 75 dollars and that's another rep off , I don't buy very many new guns

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage