C&R P64.............

Info, pictures, advice...
leadhead2

C&R P64.............

Post by leadhead2 »

How do you convince a dealer that the p64 is c&r?
The guy wants "PROOF" that there c&r.
You would think that people in the business of
selling firearms would know the laws.
Denny
surfzombie

Re: C&R P64.............

Post by surfzombie »

leadhead2

Post by leadhead2 »

Thank you sir, thats just what I needed.
Thanks
Denny
surfzombie

Post by surfzombie »

Your welcome.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

leadhead2 wrote:You would think that people in the business of
Some of them are real winners. Unfortunately they are the ones you and I have to buy from / go through in order to get our firearms. It's sad. Glad surf could help you out.
smbob

Post by smbob »

leadhead2 wrote:How do you convince a dealer that the p64 is c&r?
The guy wants "PROOF" that there c&r.
You would think that people in the business of
Denny
If you go on Gunbroker.com they have a FFL locator. You just enter your zip
code and it gives you FFL's in your area. I went through a couple of them
before I found the one I use now. That guy isn't the only game in town.

Robert
bvd1

Post by bvd1 »

I have had the same problems at gun shows, when trying to buy E.G. and Russian makarovs. Of course ,I could not download the info at the shows. I would think the dealers would have a list of C&R guns.
surfzombie

Post by surfzombie »

I hate to say it but. Many of the so called gun dealers FFL holders have had there license for years and don't keep up on things and are totally brain dead about the newer changes in the laws and rules. like smbob said hunt around until you find one that has his head out of his dark place.
blackblade

Post by blackblade »

Remember that many of the 01 FFL dealers are just "protecting" their turf. A 01 FFL friend of mine hates the 03 FFL C&R people because he thinks they are taking money out of his pocket as they by-pass him and other 01 FFL vendors. They hve no incentive to accomodate those of us with a C&R. Also, some just don't care or are too lazy to look it up online or in the "brown book" (now CD). It's unfortunate as many of those selling on Gunbroker are ending up with lower bids as a result so they re really hurting themselves as well.
smbob

Post by smbob »

blackblade wrote:Remember that many of the 01 FFL dealers are just "protecting" their turf. A 01 FFL friend of mine hates the 03 FFL C&R people because he thinks they are taking money out of his pocket as they by-pass him and other 01 FFL vendors. They hve no incentive to accomodate those of us with a C&R. Also, some just don't care or are too lazy to look it up online or in the "brown book" (now CD). It's unfortunate as many of those selling on Gunbroker are ending up with lower bids as a result so they re really hurting themselves as well.
Wow! Sounds like the 01 FFL scene in your neck of the woods is real serious. I'm very
fortunate. My 01 is a retired cop. Him and his wife run a police supply buisness. He
is real cool. He encouraged me to get my 03 several years ago. I believe a lot of states
require that C&R handguns go through a 01 FFL, where as c&r long guns can be shipped
directly to your door by the BBT. You will find different kinds of folks whereever you go.
I always say: If you don't like the service you get in a restraunt then don't go back
there. Look for another one. There's too many of them out there to put up with
subpar service. The same holds true for 01 FFl's IMHO.

Robert
daven

Post by daven »

My local "gun pusher" does not take C&R's normally but after buying a significant number of non-C&Rs from them (a husband and wife team), they have my C&R filed away and any time there is a suitable C&R, they give me a call. I simply fill out the first few lines of he 4473 and then pay and walk out with the gun. No PICS or NICS, just cash and out of the door. You need to cultivate them and although I may pay over the odds at times for a non-C&R, it is made up for in the prices of the C&Rs. DaveN
waltham41

Post by waltham41 »

Cant blame the guy for making sure that the gun is legal to sell to a C&R license holder. I had a modern pistol for sale, and a guy from a neighboring state told me a cop told him it was legal for me to sell it to him FTF.... needless to say, its not. If I had not checked up on it I could have comitted a felony selling him the gun FTF.

Gotta protect your own rear end, no one else is going to do it for you.

And I am sure there are way too many rules and regs for any one person to remember them all and keep up with the recent changes in them.

JMO
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I have bought a few guns off gunbroker. Most of the time I don't have much of a problem with C&R guns. If the gun is a C&R and the seller doesn't state in the add "C&R ok". Then I will send them an email before I bid asking them if they accept a C&R license. Many times the seller just forgot to mention it in the add. Once I had a gentleman ask me to prove the gun was on the list. I sent him a link and ended up purchasing a very nice Winchester. If an add states they don't accept C&R's at all. Then I add the seller to a list I keep of dealers I won't do business with.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

If you're going to be a gun dealer, knowing the laws is your responsibility. Ignorance / laziness isn't an excuse. If they can't keep up on changing laws and regs, then they probably don't need their license. Just a thought.

All the same, it is each "unlicensed" person's responsibility to know gun laws applicable to them. They're all on ATF's website. Publication is like 5300.4 I do believe. It's the same as 18 USC Section 922. Find subsection x. So, for a dealer to not keep up with ever changing laws is laziness really.

For the most part the laws really don't change much. If every month they simply looked to see if any changes were made to the C&R list or to the unlawful acts section it really wouldn't be that complicated. Shoot, they can print it out and keep it in a binder and update it monthly or as they see fit so long as they are keeping up to date.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

Farmer wrote:I have bought a few guns off gunbroker. Most of the time I don't have much of a problem with C&R guns. If an add states they don't accept C&R's at all. Then I add the seller to a list I keep of dealers I won't do business with.

Farmer
me too

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage