Two styles of P-64 Magazines

Info, pictures, advice...
PA-Joe

Two styles of P-64 Magazines

Post by PA-Joe »

So which ones are the aftermarket ones and why do some Pre-1969s only work with the short feed lengths while the post 1969 will work with both styles? You cannot use a long feed length magazine in a pre-1969!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Re: Two styles of P-64 Magazines

Post by normsutton »

PA-Joe

I have 6 P-64's 3 pre 1972 , 3 after 72 and 13 mags 12 of them are original mags and one after market mag with a plastic follower ,all the feed lips are the same and all of them work in all my guns , even the one with the plastic follower work's but I wouldn't depend on it, so I don't really not sure if long or short feed lips because all the feed lips on all of mine are all the same all I am saying is if you got a mag that doesn't work in your gun its probably an after market mag. or needs to be cleaned, the only change in the P-64 form year to year was in 1972 , they when with a triangular hammer , a shorter firing pin, a 3 coil .32 dia wire trigger return spring and that's it ,there was no reason to changes the mag's they all shot with ball ammo
NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
TriggerMortis

Post by TriggerMortis »

If my long feed lip mag (that doesn't function in my 1967) is "aftermarket" and not military issue, then why does it have serial numbers inscribed on it like my other mag? The short lip mag matches my gun and works, the long lip mags numbers are different and doesn't work.

The thing that puzzles me about this is that on newer guns, the long lip mags work, while it's impossible for them to work in older models. Something internally (like the feed ramp) must have changed in these guns to allow that to happen. Does that not make sense? So what changed?

Also, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. These may be "phony" aftermarket mags, but just because 1 person never mentions it (based on the description, it sounds like the polish military guy was not asked directly about this issue), does not mean they are.
Attachments
IMG_1682.jpg
ERiC Miller
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

TriggerMortis

the one that's mark new is an after market,any one can electric pencil a ser. No.on it , only takes 30 seconds to do it

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by papabear »

Norm,

This is really sad, and its getting old, we get this same discussion ever since the after market mags for the P-64 came out a couple years ago and time and time again new members before - during - or after they join up here bring up the issue of different style magazines.

For the record, our Polish friend from Poland who supplied us with "Original" parts - field gear and MAGAZINES from his home in Poland between tours in Afghanistan and told us more than once there is only one original style of magazine for the P-64. all the rest are after market magazines. There are more than one manufacture of the after market mags and they all are a little different.

As someone's attempt at being philosophical said, and I quote. "Also, absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. These may be "phony" aftermarket mags, but just because 1 person never mentions it (based on the description, it sounds like the polish military guy was not asked directly about this issue), does not mean they are", he should first learn the facts, I was one of a few of us back then that asked him that very question about the difference in the mags we were seeing, plus you are the only one here that mentioned that they "may be phony", I simply said they were after market, some call them reproductions, either way they are not "ORIGINAL" but in most cases they work fine.

If this continues much longer I'll lock the topic.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

papabear
you don'tI I will

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
bigmac

Post by bigmac »

As a reader and seldom commenter, the rudeness directed at Norm and other senor member Pappabear trying to help is just unconscionable and antagonistic. I will be more than willing to buy the questionable magazine just to stop the nonsense. PM me with your name and address and I will send you a check

Somebody please lock this thread.

Thank You

Big Mac :hi:
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

thred is locked

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976