General cleaning and lubrication

Info, pictures, advice...
dgposton

General cleaning and lubrication

Post by dgposton »

Is there a sticky thread or some instructions somewhere online that show you exactly where you need to clean and lubricate? I've only cleaned my P-64 once or twice in about 400 rounds or so, only had 1 or 2 failures, but I'd like to do it right. Where should you and shouldn't you lubricate? Tips appreciated.
Autosurgeon

Re: General cleaning and lubrication

Post by Autosurgeon »

I use dry lube on all the moving small parts and wheel bearing grease on the slide rails..
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
surfzombie

Post by surfzombie »

Autosurgeon wrote:I use dry lube on all the moving small parts and wheel bearing grease on the slide rails..
What exactly (brand name) dry lube?
Autosurgeon

Post by Autosurgeon »

Birchwood Casey
Anything I post may be my opinion and not the law... you are responsible to do your own verification.

Blackstone (1753-1765) maintains that "the law holds that it is better that ten guilty persons escape than that one innocent suffer."
former_usmc

Post by former_usmc »

I use Break Free CLP (cleans, lubricates and protects) on everything from my AR15 to my P-64. Simply use CLP with patches or q-tips and run them through or over until they come back clean. In the lube stage, If there's metal that moves or gets rubbed, it gets some. I've used it since 1993 when I went in the Marine Corps, and I've never been disappointed. I finish with a very light coat externally and under the grips to protect and I'm good to go.

Everyone has their own opinion of what works best. This is just mine! Good luck!
Joe

I'd say 90% are saying, We all know it's fake; we're playing along. The other 10% are saying, We're ready! And I'd say 10% of that 10% can't wait for it to happen.
Max Brooks on Zombies to CNN