Carl Gustan 1913 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser.

Use this section for all other firearms
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Carl Gustan 1913 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser.

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I saw this one at a flea market this morning and could not pass it up. The metal is pristine with no gauges or pitting, and just three very small areas where the blueing has rubbed lightly in storage. There is one small round wood repair, less then a third of an inch, directly behind the rear sling device and the barrel appeares brand new. The butt plate is as nice as the rest of the rifle and there is not a hint of rust. The action is tight and crisp and all numbers match except for the front sling ring . I'm almost ashamed to say how much I paid for it, I felt like I robbed the fellow. One hundrad dollers is what he was asking and that is what he got with no quibbling, just a hand shake and adios amigo. He is a person who I have done business with in the past, always a gentalmen.
This was my lucky day!
G.R.

PS, If Dick, Norm, Papabear or one of you other nice fellows would explain once again how to post pictures I'll do my best to post some.
G.R.
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Carl Gustan 1913 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser.

Post by juniustaylor »

You can either put it on Photobucket if you have an account and make the image file HTML code on your reply to the topic.

OR...

When you're in the main (full) editor, at the bottom is a part that says "Upload attachment". Click Browse and locate the photo file on your computer. Once you have selected it and it is in the Filename box, click "Add the file". It will then attach it to your post.

JT
6x6pinz

Post by 6x6pinz »

congrats on the new acquisition. I always check the gunshows for one in reasonable condition at a fair price, no luck to date.
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Junuistaylor and 6x6pinz, thanks for the reply's.
Junius, am I limited to the to the number of uploads that I can attach while in the full editor, if so I will try to set up a photobucket account.
For those of you who don't know, I am neotech-computer illiterate, lost in the dark ages of neocomputer technology. Until four years ago my only computer was an abacus. I thought my sons first palm pilot was a directional device and I still have not looked at twitter and wouldn't allow my face on anybody's book for fear I might be identified and prosecuted in a court of law. :lol: :lol: :lol:
All joking aside I will try to post ASAP, I sure hope I can put more than one photo on the full editor, it would make life so much easier.
G.R.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

G.R.

IF USEING http://photobucket.com/

PLEASE USE THIS OPTION message board ( 640 x 480 ) TO POST PICTURES WHEN YOU UPLOAD YOUR PIX TO photobucket
it will make your pix more enjoyable to other members
Image Options
basic dimensions

avatar ( 100 x 75 ) 19" screen ( 1280 x 960 )
thumbnail ( 160 x 120 ) 21" screen ( 1600 x 1200 )
website, email ( 320 x 240 ) 22" screen ( 2048 x 1536 )
message board ( 640 x 480 ) 23" screen ( 2240 x 1680 )

you can always go to edit at the top of picture and then go to resize then message board ( 640 x 480 )

they may not change until you reboot your computer ( has something to do with resident memory )

TO POST PIX

copy IMG Code
paste IMG Code

to your reply

then post reply

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Thanks Norm, good to hear from you.
G.R.
dfunk
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by dfunk »

Here are some step-by-steps, Gunny: http://p64resource.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3297