Range Repost

Info, pictures, advice...
boomer

Range Repost

Post by boomer »

I finished up my 200 round reliability test on my P 64 this trip and now it is my primary CCW. Even with a 20 lb Recoil spring the recoil is substantial indeed and takes some getting used too. Slide bite is equal to a Walthers PPK so you will need to watch out for this.

At 10 yards I can keep them in a 5 inch area. That is plenty good enough for a CCW in my opinion.

The Silver Bear FMJ and JHP were clocking at 1,000 per second at the barrel. Brown Bear dropped a hair under. I did find S&B Brass FMJ up over 1k and did notice a sharper recoil as well.

All in all, I think I now have a pretty nice little very concealable CCW.

Thanks to all the members that were so kind to help me out.

Norm, that trick with the heat for bluing made this little gem shine.

Side Bar:

I also brought my CZ 82 and wow what a difference. This is a natural born shooter and a pleasure to shoot and play with at the range. :mrgreen: I just had t order more 9x18 Mak Ammo....lol!
robalan

Re: Range Repost

Post by robalan »

These guns are very old and work great. As I look at some of the new light weight guns I wonder how they will stand up to time.

Most of the time I shoot the Silver Bear. I found some Winchester and I like them too, maybe even better.

Enjoy the gun. It sounds like you have it looking really nice. I may try reblueing too. Also, the other day I was looking at the Marschal grips. They could be a nice addition.