My new P64

Info, pictures, advice...
jbabbler

My new P64

Post by jbabbler »

Since the P64's seem to be starting to dry up a bit I decided to get another on before that gets too difficult. I ordered one from Jim at Ammowholesale. She arrived on Saturday and was in pristine condition. She's a 1977 build with a triangle hammer. The feed ramp shows no signs of a bullet ever passing across it and the bluing on the gun is 100% perfect. The grips still have their sharp edges and outside of the barrel is still dressed in bluing with no signs of scratching. After a thorough cleaning and a quick 18# spring swap I put 100 rounds down the pipe without issue. She fed smooth and showed no signs of choking. I usually like to put a few more through my guns before carrying them but this one has been perfect from shot #1 as has my original P64 so I'm comfortable with the gun right now. These guns are extremely well built and make amazing carry guns. I can only hope that the Poles will export some spare parts in the near future.

Here's a few shots of her.

Last edited by jbabbler on January 28th, 2010, 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John has a long mustache
jeepman3366

My new P64

Post by jeepman3366 »

very nice enjoy her
Never argue with an idiot, they pull you down their level and beat you with experence.
kurremkarm

My new P64

Post by kurremkarm »

Good looking p-64.
halljt3

My new P64

Post by halljt3 »

Nice looking gun... nice find!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

My new P64

Post by normsutton »

jbabbler

I love both GUNS thanks for sharing , and great pix

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
Sgt P

My new P64

Post by Sgt P »

Jbabbler,
It is always nice when you get a pristine P-64. ;) So what do you use to break in the pistol for makarov ammo? Will this be your new carry pistol or do you swap out this 2nd P-64 with your first one? 8-) Excellent photos too!
Last edited by Sgt P on January 29th, 2010, 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
jbabbler

My new P64

Post by jbabbler »

Thanks for the kind words. I truly love my commie-ladies and am now on the lookout for an R61. To me the only true advantage the PA-63/R61 has over the P64 is the firing pin safety. I'd like to add one to the mix.

Sgt P. wrote:Jbabbler,
It is always nice when you get a pristine P-64. ;) So what do you use to break in the pistol for makarov ammo? Will this be your new carry pistol or do you swap out this 2nd P-64 with your first one? 8-) Excellent photos too!
I usually just give them a good cleaning, apply some moly lube and shoot a few hundred rounds of ball ammo. Then I try a box of my carry ammo, clean/lube and I'm good to go. On my PA-63 I had to polish the feed ramp a little as it is a two piece design similar to a 1911. The transition needed to be beveled a bit but he P64 has a standard ramp so it was a piece of cake.
John has a long mustache