Best buy for P-64

Info, pictures, advice...
jaz

Best buy for P-64

Post by jaz »

I was wondering what supplier at the moment has the best quality P-64's? I'm planning on buying my first one and I want a "good" one.
brock123

Best buy for P-64

Post by brock123 »

If this guy still has them they seem pretty good. I ordered two one for me and one for my dad but I haven't got them yet.

viewtopic.php?t=3090
jbabbler

Best buy for P-64

Post by jbabbler »

I ordered one from the same guy. Mine is sitting at the Post Office to be delivered tomorrow. I'll let you know how it looks. From talking to the guy these were handpicked and come with 2 mags. They are the triangle hammer without thumbrest.
John has a long mustache
zenithman2003

Best buy for P-64

Post by zenithman2003 »

The one I received from him looks brand new. Even the plastic grips still have sharp edges on them. I don't believe it was ever fired, which I plan to remedy tomorrow at the range. :)
Last edited by zenithman2003 on January 23rd, 2010, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
One more old gun and my wife says she is going leave me. Boy, I'm sure going to miss her.
zenithman2003

Best buy for P-64

Post by zenithman2003 »

Well the new 64 shoots just like my old one, accurate and reliable. I had installed the new recoil spring in my old 64 and tried it opposite the new one. I can not tell a differance at all. Maybe it's because the new one has a stiff recoil spring. I realy like these pistols. I think they are the best buy in a surplus firearm, and are pretty much comperable to the walther.
One more old gun and my wife says she is going leave me. Boy, I'm sure going to miss her.
brock123

Best buy for P-64

Post by brock123 »

I got mine and my dads this weekend and they looked new too. I put in the recoil spring after having put about 20 rounds through mine and I thought it helped but it could have all been in my mind . I put 70 rounds through it in all with no issues. I did polish the feed ramp and strip it down before I shot though. I am truly amazed at the accuracy. I can only hit a paper plate about 1/2 of the time at 15 yards with my SW9VE but I was able to hit it every time with my p64. The one I got from J&G was in fair condition at best. Seemed to function ok but I didn't bother to shoot it.
Last edited by brock123 on January 24th, 2010, 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.