Source of New P-64 Magazines

Info, pictures, advice...
desertdave

Post by desertdave »

Hello Fellow P-64 Folks! I just stumbled on to a very good source of NEW P-64 Polish Magazines....I was able to get several for my P-64 from another source, direct from Poland in July, but they were out....So when my son got a new P-64 from Military Gun Supply recently, he needed extra magazines...Here is the link, if I can make it work http://www.keepshooting.com/firearmacce ... ov_mag.htm.....They have the same break-in instructions as mine....Good luck and let's keep this Forum going!! It is great!.....DesertDave
yukoncharlie

Post by yukoncharlie »

I too ordered 2 of these magazines then I did some research and read that some members did not recommend these mags..
Mine arrived saturday 12/26/09. I went to the range and they WOULD NOT FEED the 2nd round out of the mag. and I was using ball ammo. Same problem other members had posted. I would not recommend these.
desertdave

Post by desertdave »

Hi Yukoncharlie....I don't know what to say. Maybe different ammo? Some difference in the guns? My P-64 is a high serial number from late 1977 and was unfired when I got it.....I shoot Silver Bear FMJ, Silver Bear HP and Hornady Critical Defense. All feed flawlessly from all 4 of my magazines. I got my 2 new real Polish magazines from a Seller in Seattle (Selling on GunBroker ). He had several hundred and no one complained to him. Mine work perfect. I did the break-in procedure they called for and the two new ones work perfect, just like the serial-numbered ones that came with my new P-64 from I.O.Inc.. The ones carried by keepshooting.com are absolutely identical. They too, have identical break-in instructions.....I will be testing those and report back but they appear identical in every respect. In all my experience, I have never had a single FTF or FTE, so YES, I'm spoiled......I'm sorry that is NOT your experience. I trust my life to my P-64, after my extensive testing and practice with it.....DesertDave
nitrousnoel

Post by nitrousnoel »

I got reemed over the coals about 6 months ago when I posted the range testing of that mag from Keepshooting.com. I had no problems with them but some members on here have so take that with some caution. Keepshooting told me that they will swap out bad mags. It worked out for me fortunately.