which is smaller 63 0r 64

Info, pictures, advice...
bigduke6

Post by bigduke6 »

hello everyone, new guy here. im currently here at a mobe station waiting to go to afganistan and will be going home for a christmas break soon. and being some what of a pistol collector im looking for a christmas slash birthday gift for myself. im looking at the p63 and p64. which is smaller. and which has the shortest grip? allso which is thinest. thanks, bigduke6 out.
pshootr

Post by pshootr »

The Polish P-64 is smaller, shorter barrel/slide/grip. It's a bit heavier as it has a steel slide and frame while the Hungarian P-63 has a steel slide and aluminum alloy frame. Grip is about the same depending on whether you have the original military/police flat panel grips or the import required thumb-rest grips which are wider.

I once read a report on the Internet which included an interview with a former Soviet Army officer who had fought in Afghanistan. Asked what he thought of the 9x18 round as a military cartridge he said that it was fine for committing suicide (to prevent capture and torture, followed by death at the hands of the Muhajadeen) but for stopping fanatical and possibly drug-enhanced Afghans he preferred the 5.45x39.
Sgt P

Post by Sgt P »

PshootR,
I was fortunate enough to talk with a few former Russian military troops who fought in Afghanistan during the Soviet invasion. I was in Russia after the wall fell. Many of them did tell me that if they had a choice in pistols they would have rather have carried a 9mm pistol that they took off a dead Afghani, than a Russian Makarov. Yes they also liked the 5.45 X 39 deadly dart. The whisper of death. Sgt P.
Last edited by Sgt P on December 18th, 2009, 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.