J&G is Killing Me

Info, pictures, advice...
irishbob979

J&G is Killing Me

Post by irishbob979 »

Sorry about the lack of pictures of the new gun. I just got back from the Chantilly gun show, ran out to my FFL's place on the way back to Virginia Beach and had to get into my Irish Pub to do a little book keeping and to scare the staff.

The gun looks just like the picture in this thread from jbabbler. It does feel good in my hand - very comfortable. I may take it to the range tomorrow. I'll let you guys know how it shoots. My FFL (prior SPECWAR guy) was very impressed with the condition of the pistol.
blackblade

J&G is Killing Me

Post by blackblade »

I posted on another thread with a range-report for the P-83:

http://p64.proboards.com/index.cgi?boar ... hread=3041

It was much better than I had anticipated.

(Left to Right: Polish P-83, Polish P-64, Hungarian RK-59, CZ-82 and E. German Makarov)
irishbob979

J&G is Killing Me

Post by irishbob979 »

Just got back from the range. I took my CZ 82 as a comparison. I fired at 21 feet, 10, 15 and 25 yards for both guns.

The groupings were similar. The P 83 was a little tighter at 25 yards - I was a bit surprised - I chalked it up to it being slightly lighter than the 82 with a full mag.

I was VERY pleased with the P 83's performance. Excellent DA pull, respectable (but not uncontrollable) recoil. I put 40 rounds through it and was more than satisfied with it.

Overall - in my opinion - worth the money I paid for it. My best gun is still my IMEZ IJ 70-18A. But this new one is in a tie with my 82 in the "what I want to bring to a gun fight" category.
mpi

J&G is Killing Me

Post by mpi »

i have a p-83 special "eagle" edition, it's very much like a makarov re engineered for ease of manufacture and slightly improved ergonomics. fun gun and very reliable. has a chrome bore.

jbabbler

J&G is Killing Me

Post by jbabbler »

mpi wrote:i have a p-83 special "eagle" edition, it's very much like a makarov re engineered for ease of manufacture and slightly improved ergonomics. fun gun and very reliable. has a chrome bore.
MPI, I like the hammer on your P83 MUCH better than the one that they show on J&G. Very nice pistol you have there.
John has a long mustache
rottenrick

J&G is Killing Me

Post by rottenrick »

I think the rear sights are different too.
swd

J&G is Killing Me

Post by swd »

Price isn't bad. Just that it becomes available at Christmas time. My FFL is currently out of town and won't be back until January. Loyalty to him says I'll have to wait at least a month. But if J&G now has available, then the quality on their used guns should hold until then. I'm like everyone else, would like to see some reviews on the P-83