New (to me) P64

Info, pictures, advice...
morrell

New (to me) P64

Post by morrell »

Hey all! First post here, but have been reading the board for quite some time. P64 sounded like a great little pistol at a great price, so went and got one from J&G. Just got back from my dealer. 1972 with round hammer. Beautiful! Have a question though.. On the very back of the frame, below the hammer, there is an "A." Any idea as to what this means?
rottenrick

New (to me) P64

Post by rottenrick »

Hey yourself. Welcome!! I'm new to, haven't received mine yet from J&G. had to call them twice, FFL record had expired. Had to have them fax the update, the update had been sitting in a basket there for a couple of days, then I to do all the calling to make sure the order was filled. I'm not too happy with them right now, don't care how busy you are. Anyway, someone will come up with an answer soon, Norm or one of the others should know. Once again welcome
morrell

New (to me) P64

Post by morrell »

The last gun I got from J&G was one of their "select" m91/30. Was in about the same shape as the "normal" 91/30 I got from from AIM. Wasn't too happy about that; however, the J&G site is now saying they are about 2 weeks behind on orders... got mine 3 days after I placed it.
rottenrick

New (to me) P64

Post by rottenrick »

I got a lot of excuses from them. No, they didn't cop an attitude, it's just they seemed disconnected, with no sense of urgency like they've got you the nads. They said the order would be filled in a couple of days. We'll see. Have a Mosin m-38, was going to have a bent bolt made, with a ring soldered to the safety. Got side tracked with the P-64 among other things. Been working on the Ammo issue lately too. Already got my Silver bear ammo, wolf springs and grips on the way and no gun yet LOL.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

New (to me) P64

Post by normsutton »

morrell wrote: Have a question though.. On the very back of the frame, below the hammer, there is an "A." Any idea as to what this means?

welcome
can't remember its some where on this site you can try in here

http://www.opisybroni.republika.pl/Inde%20Eng.html

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
tmcblane

New (to me) P64

Post by tmcblane »

NORMSUTTON wrote:
morrell wrote: Have a question though.. On the very back of the frame, below the hammer, there is an "A." Any idea as to what this means?

welcome
can't remember its some where on this site you can try in here

http://www.opisybroni.republika.pl/Inde%20Eng.html

NORM
I found this here : viewtopic.php?t=2447 poster says it has the updates. Read the 4th or 5th response
Last edited by tmcblane on April 3rd, 2009, 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
morrell

New (to me) P64

Post by morrell »

Well I just got the new Wolf springs.. the 18 and 20 like most people here. Did some dry firing and don;t know what to think. It won't fire when I pull the trigger sometimes. I hear something like a small click and the trigger just keeps going back without causing the hammer to drop. Any ideas on the issue?
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

New (to me) P64

Post by normsutton »

morrell

you might have a busted trigger return spring, that's one of the problems with the round hammer guns , their trigger return springs were lousy, look here to see if its broken and I make a replacement
viewtopic.php?t=1821

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
istbankodad

New (to me) P64

Post by istbankodad »

morrell wrote:Well I just got the new Wolf springs.. the 18 and 20 like most people here. Did some dry firing and don;t know what to think. It won't fire when I pull the trigger sometimes. I hear something like a small click and the trigger just keeps going back without causing the hammer to drop. Any ideas on the issue?
I had a similar problem. Sounds like the trigger spring has slipped off the trigger bar. This can happen because the bar becomes loose when the side is removed. If you operate the trigger with the slides off it will most surely pop loose. It's a bear to get back on the bar stem. I had to use a needle probe to reach in and push it down and forward onto the stem.