LLAMA 45 auto

Use this section for all other firearms
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

LLAMA 45 auto

Post by normsutton »

about a month ago I pick this LLAMA 45 auto up I think its a IXA, 45 acp made in 1992 its the first commander size LLAMA I have ever seen

didn't like the beaver tail on so I order a hammer and beaver tail for a colt form Brownells , the hammer just swap out the beaver tail took a lot of fitting & time

I did high polish the feed ramp and white dot the sights , the gun uses GI mags and works flawlessly now , one other thing the grip screws were on to tight to eject the mag with out having to pull the mag out so i put some little o rings on the screws now its perfect and shoots good too

7 rounds fired

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on August 15th, 2008, 5:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

LLAMA 45 auto

Post by papabear »

Good to hear you got her going 100%, I knew you would, BTW good shooting.

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
dwd

LLAMA 45 auto

Post by dwd »

Nice gun Norm. I been looking for a .45, after I saw yours I made an offer on one just like it, we'll see how I come out.
[url=http://drugstore-onlinecatalog.com/]drugstore-onlinecatalog.com[/url]
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

LLAMA 45 auto

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Norm, nice pistol, I've been looking for a decent seven round Llama MiniMax for some time now to play with its little brother, my MicroMax .380 . In my opinion Llama took a bad rap from the gun press and their bread and butter middle of the road full page add and printed column buyers because they were being out sold with out the help of the printed word. Unfortunately the all mighty dollar seems to always win out and another decent gun manufacturer is out of business. Heaven knows no one should be able to buy a 1911 A1 design without spending $500.00 to $1000.00 for it.
The good news is that Bersa was doing business with Llama before its failure and is now building the Mil-Spec 1911 45 FireStorm for under $400.00. I owned an early FireStorm and it was a great gun, accurate and reliable. A little TLC and it shot as good as or better than most U.S. produced base line 45's. It currently resides at my brothers new home in the high desert berg of Culver Oregon where it is exercised regularly with no complaints.
G.R.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

LLAMA 45 auto

Post by normsutton »

papabear

thanks

dwd
gunneyrabbit

I think they got such a bad rep because that not all the parts were interchangeable with the 1911 and some out of the box guns didn't work like the were suppose to , I believe there are high end 45's 1911's that don't work right out the box a lest that's what I been reading

now I think I'll got a pretty good start on a 45 auto collection

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on August 16th, 2008, 6:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

LLAMA 45 auto

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Norm, a rather handsome family you have there, Mama bear, Papa bear and all the baby bears. Makes me wish I had started a family sooner. ;D
G.R.
dwd

LLAMA 45 auto

Post by dwd »

I missed out on the Llama I had an offer on. So, I went to the gun show today and they only had one .45 Llama asking $350 with 5 mags and and a soft case. But I bought a Norinco Mak for $300 OTD instead. I don't think the Llama was exactly the same as Norm's but I didn't look that close. I think that Llama is on my "bucket list," though.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

LLAMA 45 auto

Post by normsutton »

dwd

i think you did good on the Norinco Mak
not to many around

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
dwd

LLAMA 45 auto

Post by dwd »

Yeah, I thought it was a good buy. He wanted $325 but accepted my $300 offer. No shipping, no tax, and no ffl fee, it turned out to be my cheapest mak yet, everything considered. And I got to hold it before I bought it! I started a 9x18 collection January and only thing I am lacking is a Bulgarian mak(and maybe a few obscure models) They had bulgy maks for $265 at the show and had I not got the Norinco or the LLama I would have brought home one of those. Oh well, there is always next time.
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

LLAMA 45 auto

Post by papabear »

dwd,

That's a really good deal on a Norinco Mak... :-*

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
6x6pinz

LLAMA 45 auto

Post by 6x6pinz »

Llama had a problem when they made the real cheap 45. Gave them a bad name. I have been using a Llama Omni 45 for years as a carry weapon and one of my hunt guns. My omni has taken its share of javelina and some small game. I also have the 22 llama which has been a great gun.
too bad Llama is still not making guns I found them to be excellent, as long as you stayed away from their cheap lines.