FEG PA63 and R61

Use this section for all other firearms
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

FEG PA63 and R61

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Was at the range today and was all by myself, spent a lot of time training with my Cobra Patriot 45. Let me tell you that a hundred rounds through a 3.5", 20oz., SA 45acp is a great big plenty.

Spent most of my time shooting my FEG PA63 and R61, very comfortable recoil after the brute 45.
The R61 is a very nice pistol for a 380acp and it will get carried when applicable but my FEG PA63 is a world class performer. I've never held or shot a Walther PP but one thing I know and that is that it can not be a better shooter than this FEG PA63.
The pistol is dead on accurate from a rest out to the fifty five feet and preforms equally well at closer distances. Shooting the pistol single handed, right or left hand hold, it points well and is accurate held close to the chest or arm fully extended, and no the thumb rest does not get in the way shooting left handed. The pistol is very easy on the hand, recoil is very nice after the recoil spring change and the trigger spring needed no replacement, excellent either double or single action. Lighter than the P64 and carrying one more round I believe makes up for the extra length. With pistole's this nice it is easy to see why the 9x18's are commanding the current prices they bring today. :)
G.R.
Last edited by gunneyrabbit on January 5th, 2008, 12:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

FEG PA63 and R61

Post by normsutton »

G.R.

I like the PA-63 too, it got a bad rap. from the Makarov fan's just like the P-64 did ,but now that the Makarov are drying up more people are given the PA-63 and P-64 the respect they deserve , buy them while you can there is not a endless supply of these ether.

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
doyle

FEG PA63 and R61

Post by doyle »

I've noticed some PA-63's come in factory all black as opposed to the common two-tone. Were these simply finished differently or is there some other difference? To me, they sure do look better than the two-tone.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

FEG PA63 and R61

Post by normsutton »

doyle

do they look like this

http://www.sunblest.net/gun/FegAP9.htm

they did make some in 9 x18 but most of them are 380's or 32's witch is another gun

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
weetabix

FEG PA63 and R61

Post by weetabix »

I have an SMC-918 that looks kind of similar - black anodized aluminum frame.

Makarov.com has a picture on this page:

http://www.makarov.com/others/index.html

I haven't found much info about it.
doyle

FEG PA63 and R61

Post by doyle »

I don't remember exactly what it looked like. I was at the gunshow. At first, I thought I had found a SMC-918 and I was overjoyed. However, as hard as I looked, I could find no markings on it that told me what it was. The reason I think it was an all-black PA-63 is that I pulled its magazine out and stuck in one from a PA-63 and it fit perfectly. I put its magazine into the PA-63 and it also fit perfectly. I hope I didn't pass up something I shouldn't have.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

FEG PA63 and R61

Post by normsutton »

doyle
the PA-63 mags will fit the SMC-918 but will stick out the bottom about a 1 in.

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
weetabix

FEG PA63 and R61

Post by weetabix »

Norm,

I stuck a PA-63 mag into the SMC-918 when I noticed that the slide lock bar functioned the same.

I haven't had the guts to try shooting it, though. Do you know if it will work OK? I'd thought about putting a rubber collar on the bottom to tighten it up.

Spare SMC-918 mags are hard to find. I found an SMC-380 mag. I'd think it should work.

Thoughts?
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

FEG PA63 and R61

Post by normsutton »

Norm,

I stuck a PA-63 mag into the SMC-918 when I noticed that the slide lock bar functioned the same.

I haven't had the guts to try shooting it, though. Do you know if it will work OK? I'd thought about putting a rubber collar on the bottom to tighten it up.

Spare SMC-918 mags are hard to find. I found an SMC-380 mag. I'd think it should work.

Thoughts?

there is no difference between 380 mags and 9x18 mags in fact they are all 380 mags

I have shot my BR-61 with PA-63 mags At the range they work fine

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
weetabix

FEG PA63 and R61

Post by weetabix »

I feel some purchases coming on.
doyle

FEG PA63 and R61

Post by doyle »

Norm, does your BR-61 have any markings on the side that identify the model? That is what stumped me. This gun had no "model" markings that I could find.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

FEG PA63 and R61

Post by normsutton »

doyle

This is where mine is marked

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

FEG PA63 and R61

Post by gunneyrabbit »

NORM,
Here is a question for you, my R61 does not have a square corner on it and the frame has a serious high polish, is it factory stock or has it been dehorned and polished?
G.R.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

FEG PA63 and R61

Post by normsutton »

G.R.

I think FEG did a lot of experimenting with the frames before they came up with the BR-61 and the LR -61

the one on top is the LR-61
the one on the bottom is a BR-61

also look at the AP9and the APK9
http://fegarmy.hu/?lang=en&p=ap9
the R-61
http://www.sunblest.net/gun/FegR61.htm

NORM
Last edited by normsutton on December 20th, 2007, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

FEG PA63 and R61

Post by gunneyrabbit »

I think I'm going to start looking for and collecting more of these pistole's. The two that I own are very nice and I feel the need for more, many many more! :)