Ranger 22

Use this section for all other firearms
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Ranger 22

Post by blinddog »

This is the ranger I found in a pawnshop that had been stolen from me. I wish I had before pics because it was rough. It had TOMMY tatooed on each side of the stock and a crack down the fore stock. The rear sight looked like someone took a ballpean hamme to it. A little love and a decent gun is produced. I am happy!!! :D
papabear
Global moderator
Global moderator

Ranger 22

Post by papabear »

blinddog,

Congrates on getting it back and the restoration job, it looks great, I know you are happy........ ;D

papabear
POINT SHOOTER
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Ranger 22

Post by blinddog »

You bet papabear, took me a while to do it, but for a 77 year old 22 it ain't half bad.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Ranger 22

Post by carguy »

And you bought that new when you were 35?! :P

Sorry just my sarcastic sense of humor shooting it's mouth off or rather typing it's fingers off...it looks great and an awesome story finding it like that. :)
trent
Veteran member
Veteran member

Ranger 22

Post by trent »

very cool, but did you have to pay the pawnshop for it?
Last edited by trent on September 24th, 2007, 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Ranger 22

Post by carguy »

The more I look at those pictures the more I appreciate what a fine restoration job you did...it looks great!

Except that there is a chunk of wood in your trigger guard that needs trimming...send the rifle to me and I'm sure I can take care of it for you... ::)
blinddog
Veteran member
Veteran member

Ranger 22

Post by blinddog »

That chunk of wood serves a purpose, it holds my trigger on. And yes I had to pay for the rifle. I knew the guy at the pawn shop and he let me have it back for what he payed for it. Pretty good guy. I haven't even shot it since I finished it, it just sits in a little place of honor and I keep telling myself I'm gonna shoot it next saturday. I'm gonna shoot it this saturday. :)
carguy
Elite member
Elite member

Ranger 22

Post by carguy »

Good for you. Lost items have so much sentimental value and to get one back is very unusual...cheerish it! 8-)

My home was broken into once way back when in 1976. They stole my father's jewelry box (all I had from him after he had passed in 74 and my Remington 870 Wingmaster ! I'd give an arm and a leg for anything from that jewelry box today. And I sure loved that shotgun...my first! :'(