Removing firing pin/spring

Info, pictures, advice...
4bfox

Post by 4bfox »

I appreciate all your help....the exploded diagrams are great!

Also, the plastic bag is a great idea....I had a spring about take an ear off once....hate having to look for the parts, my eyesight isn't what it used to be.

Going to shoot this Sunday, will report on my impressions about the P64.
4bfox

Post by 4bfox »

Well....took my new P64 to the target range today for the first time. Guess I didn't pay much attention to the discussion here about shooting smaller grain bullet, lower power rounds.

I have a nickname for my piece now, "The Punisher"... I put 3 mags of TCW 109gr ammo through it, and it beat the hell out of my hand. I then remembered reading about lower power ammo on the P64....tried 3 mags of Barnaul 95gr ammo. Much better. I particularly like the SA trigger pull.

From what I've read here, sounds like a new set of springs would help immensely. Maybe that would help with accuracy, or maybe I just haven't shot it enough. Couldn't hit a damn thing! Seemed to shoot all around the bullseye, but couldn't hit it.

I'll try another box or so of ammo and see if accuracy improves...
4bfox

Post by 4bfox »

Went ahead and ordered the springs mentioned in the board from Wolff. Boy, sure wish all my vendors were as good as they are! Ordered this AM, already received confirmation, probably have them by Wednesday...doesn't get much better than that...

I'll get the spring mods done and give this little beastie another round at the range.