PA 63 recoil compared to P 64

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
Never Enough Ammo

PA 63 recoil compared to P 64

Post by Never Enough Ammo »

My mom has a Ruger lcp .380 for CC. She is practising for her class in 2 weeks,but she can not shoot it at all,I blame the gun as I can't shoot it well at all ether. I am thinking about the PA 63. She likes the weight of the lcp,and the shootablilty of my P 64. I want her to carry another P 64(she ain't gettin mine :evilgrin: ) but it is to heavy in her purse. So I am thinking PA 63. I know it is light than the P64,so how bad is the 9x18 recoil in a lighter gun? To take the test with she is taking my CZ 52 :twisted: :twisted: . She can empty every round into a milk jug at 50 yards. I am sure she is going to get some stares and WTF's when she touches that baby off. :evilgrin:
Life is hard,it's harder when you're stupid-John Wayne
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: PA 63 recoil compared to P 64

Post by Ketchman »

I have shot both, currently own a P-64 and used to own a PA-63. recoil is about the same due to the PA-63's lighter aluminum frame, but the PA-63 is a little easier to handle because it has a slightly longer grip and it's a bit wider in the grip. I think that the recoil in either one is not bad at all, but then I seem to be in the minority when it comes to recoil in the P-64. Hope this helps. :hi:
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Never Enough Ammo

Post by Never Enough Ammo »

I agree,I don't think it is that bad at all. I ran 125 rounds through it yesterday and did not feel any discomfort.
Life is hard,it's harder when you're stupid-John Wayne
lklawson

Post by lklawson »

The PA-63 is far more comfortable to shoot than the P64. The grip is wider, longer, and the top of the grip is closer to the slide so there is less of a lever action pivoting the firearm.

That said, I like the P64 a little bit better. Though less comfortable to shoot, I find that I am more accurate with it and I believe it to be the more durable of the two. For on-the-body carry I think that the P64 is slightly better suited despite its greater weight. I find that, personally, size of the firearm to be slightly more restrictive than weight.

However, both are good choices, imo.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
The Cheapskate's Guide to Gun Cleaning and Maintenance - "You shouldn't have to spend thousands of dollars on expensive gun cleaning an maintenance products. Find out how to save money with inexpensive alternatives that work just as well."
staff3704

Post by staff3704 »

I own both and find little difference in recoil. Both kick more than most of my 9s (9X19) but both are very controlable. The P 64 bothered the web of my hand but that was a sharp edge on the grip so I added a soft sleeve (not wanting to sand the grip) over the grip. The PA 63 grip felt the best with no sleeve but the sleeve makes the P 64 fine.
sharkey

Post by sharkey »

Shot mine with the original springs ...... trigger in da was tuff and sa creepy changed over to Wolff springs (they have a kit) useing the Wolff 15lb Makarov recoil spring and what a wonderful change.Felt recoil is way better and the trigger spring although not perfect it is much better

http://www.gunsprings.com/index.cfm?pag ... D=1&mID=20
Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt.
Legally Armed

Post by Legally Armed »

Never Enough Ammo wrote:My mom has a Ruger lcp .380 for CC. She is practising for her class in 2 weeks,but she can not shoot it at all,I blame the gun as I can't shoot it well at all ether. I am thinking about the PA 63. She likes the weight of the lcp,and the shootablilty of my P 64. I want her to carry another P 64(she ain't gettin mine :evilgrin: ) but it is to heavy in her purse. So I am thinking PA 63. I know it is light than the P64,so how bad is the 9x18 recoil in a lighter gun? To take the test with she is taking my CZ 52 :twisted: :twisted: . She can empty every round into a milk jug at 50 yards. I am sure she is going to get some stares and WTF's when she touches that baby off. :evilgrin:
P64 recoil is worse for whatever reason.