Been Hemming and Hawing and Almost

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Been Hemming and Hawing and Almost

Post by manicmechanic »

Waited to long. Been wanting to get a big brother for the 1974 P-64 by filling out the family photo with a 1987 P-83, and finally picked one up from Military Gun Supply. They were the only ones showing any in stock, and I barely managed to get their last on in stock. I really don't know what the deal is with the tinge of green on the P83 trigger, but it works for me. I'll post a range report as soon as that happens. Trigger feels real nice and fits the hand nice too. Any ways here's some pics of the Radom brothers.
vorakam

Re: Been Hemming and Hawing and Almost

Post by vorakam »

I think you will find the p83 is a real sleeper. It may be the "ugly duckling" of the 9x18s, but if it shoots anything like mine you will be very pleased. There is no comparison between the '64 and the '83 as far as shooting comfort. You can actually shoot a box or two of ammo at one range session with the '83, as opposed to the '64. And the magazine actually ejects!!!
norman

Post by norman »

Are these C&R?
manicmechanic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by manicmechanic »

No, but the P64's are.
Legally Armed

Post by Legally Armed »

vorakam wrote:I think you will find the p83 is a real sleeper. It may be the "ugly duckling" of the 9x18s, but if it shoots anything like mine you will be very pleased. There is no comparison between the '64 and the '83 as far as shooting comfort. You can actually shoot a box or two of ammo at one range session with the '83, as opposed to the '64. And the magazine actually ejects!!!
i really think the '83 was designed to shoot like a mak. trigger feel and recoil between the two is almost identical.