Showing off my 9x18s

Discussion with questions, answers, and everything else about all other 9x18's
Stingray

Showing off my 9x18s

Post by Stingray »

Blued CZ-82 with Marschal grips and PA-63 with RA Brand grips. Just wanted to show them off a little. :)

-S
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Showing off my 9x18s

Post by juniustaylor »

Slick lookin' guns... but I'm sure you already knew that ;) !!!
502davids

Post by 502davids »

Nice guns, how did you blue the CZ-82?? Did you hot blue, rust blue, or cold blue?
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Typically folks cold blue them. Hot bluing is expensive and typically the average Joe doesn't have the resources to mess with hot bluing. I'm not sure what kind of permits may be involved depending on the chemicals used in the process. Anyway, cold blue is pretty economical at about $6 - 10 per 4oz bottle of Birchwood-Casey Cold Blue or Brownell's Oxpho-Blue (which is my favorite). Elsewhere on this forum are articles of how to do it.
Stingray

Post by Stingray »

juniustaylor is correct. I used cold blue, Birchwood Casey to be specific. Thanks for the compliments.

-S
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Stingray, nice little familly you have there, be carefull, once they get together they seem to multiply like rabbits, 9x18's popping up every where.
Amazing what a little lip stick and a good looking new dress will do to gussy up an old girl isn't it? Who did the grips, they look familiar? ( Blatent request for a free advertisement ! )
By the way, do you shoot the 82 with the presentation grips on?
Inquiring minds want to know!
G.R.

PS,
Welcome to the forum, greatest bunch of fellows around!
G.R.
Gil

Post by Gil »

Nice photos Stingray: I really enjoy my CZ82... I should have kept my PA63 now that I think about it. :x

gil.
Stingray

Post by Stingray »

gunneyrabbit wrote: By the way, do you shoot the 82 with the presentation grips on?
Sure do. They're vastly superior to the factory grips in every way.

-S
gunneyrabbit
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by gunneyrabbit »

Stingray, thanks for the information, I'll have to get a money order off to Dennis ASAP, do you mind if I ask what type of wood and stain that you ordered for the CZ grips?
G.R.
frankmako

Post by frankmako »

nice, very nice.
Stingray

Post by Stingray »

gunneyrabbit wrote:Stingray, thanks for the information, I'll have to get a money order off to Dennis ASAP, do you mind if I ask what type of wood and stain that you ordered for the CZ grips?
G.R.
The wood is wattle, but I ordered them unfinished and put an oil finish on them myself.

-S
Samtu

Post by Samtu »

Longtime lurker here making my first post to say hello and thanks for the tips in the past.

This is my long time CCW FEG PA63 wearing Dennis's grips in Wattle with his oil finish. Figured this was as a good a place as any to post it and say "Howdy".

Above is based on the opinion of a 20 year Small Arms Marksmanship and Training Unit USAF instructor with more than 30 years in competitive shooting sports. Your mileage may vary.