Slide lock/ejector broke!

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
Gunfun

Slide lock/ejector broke!

Post by Gunfun »

Need some help! Just joined after lurking around here for awhile. Not much of a pistol guy, have had a cz 82 for about ten years,two years ago a came a crossed a site with many surplus firearms was checking out a Bulgarian mak when I see a p-64 after watching some videos and reading all I could find on it I ordered one. It arrived in I believe un issued condition almost ordered a second one to shoot and save the first one . But not being a collector I started shooting it. Couple weeks later I got the Bulgarian. I changed recoil spring and hammer spring for little better trigger pull, I may have about 200 rounds through it, last week while shooting it and my zastava 32, I fired about 20 rds when it jams fte, cleared it fired next to rds first empty lands on my wrist next one bounces off gun? Changed mags first two barley make it out of gun third jams. Pulled slide off and see that the slide lock was broke clean off, slide still locks back but ejector end is gone about 1/3 of the end? Now I am just sick this may not be the best pistol I have but its the coolest one I own and I sure would like to get it working again, so would you fellas know where I could get the part I need? Thanks
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Re: Slide lock/ejector broke!

Post by Curly1 »

Have you tried gunbroker and ebay?
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: Slide lock/ejector broke!

Post by Weasel640 »

Gunfun wrote: August 24th, 2019, 10:26 am Pulled slide off and see that the slide lock was broke clean off, slide still locks back but ejector end is gone about 1/3 of the end?
Could you please post pictures of the broken part/s so that we can all see what you are talking about. I looked around the normal sites I'd check (gunbroker, ebay, numrich, buymilsurp, etc) and it looks like P-64 parts are drying up as well. If I were you, I'd just keep an eye out here and on the sites I listed. Every once in a while some one will part out a P-64, but you gotta be on top of it.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.