P64 failure to feed

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
fuller

P64 failure to feed

Post by fuller »

Just got my 1st P64 from classic firearms. Everything looks great until I found the gun can't feed ammo. I tried Tula and Geco brass case 9x18 . I cleaned pistol using mineral spirit first and then Hoppe's, oiled properly, also polished ramp. It still can't load any round. magazine spring or extractor problem ?
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_2537.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2536.jpg
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Re: P64 failure to feed

Post by Ketchman »

Maybe a dumb question, but is there a problem with the chamber? Also what year is the pistol? I wonder if you have an early gun with the late mag. Feed lips were modded in 1974?? and the early guns do not like to feed from the post 74 mags.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

Ketchman wrote: December 20th, 2018, 1:34 pm Maybe a dumb question, but is there a problem with the chamber? Also what year is the pistol? I wonder if you have an early gun with the late mag. Feed lips were modded in 1974?? and the early guns do not like to feed from the post 74 mags.
+1 on the Mags. The area of the frame holding the Barrel seems to have a shine to it as if significantly worn. My guess is it's an older P-64 with the newer magazines. There are a few different threads on the differences between old vs new mags, and how to mod the new ones to work with the older P-64s.

Aaaand as Ketchman, it could just be the chamber. Before doing any modding check the fit of a round place directly in the chamber.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
fuller

Post by fuller »

Don't think a problem with the chamber. I can put a round into chamber and load the gun. This P64 is 67 but don't know mag is "new" or "old" .
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_2543.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2544.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2545.jpg
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

New style vs old style mag lip measurements.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5722
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
fuller

Post by fuller »

After I filed mag lips from 0.745 to 0.671 , it starts load both steel and brass case ammo. The problem is fixed. You guys are awesome!!!!
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

Huzzahh!!! Great to hear your up and running, glad we could help. Now please to give us a range report.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

I luv happy endings!
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary