Another question on the double action trigger and recoil

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
Poppy42

Another question on the double action trigger and recoil

Post by Poppy42 »

Hi folks I need couple questions answered here if Some of you experts could . I replaced the factory hammer spring on my 1975 p64 with 18 wolfspring. The recoil really didn't bother me much but I've decided I'm going to go ahead and get a new recoil spring and replace that too . My question is should I go with the 20 or should I go ahead and get a 22 pound recoil a couple of pros and con would be appreciated . Also I see that wolf Springs makes a 17 pound hammer spring is there that much difference between a 17 pound any 18 and if I go ahead and now get the 17 pound is it going to make the single action even lighter? The double action with the 18 pound hammer spring is bearable it does seem to hang up slightly if you hesitate or stage the trigger pull and I was just wonder If the 17 pound would help that at all appreciate any info I can get as more of you are much more knowledgeable about this weapon and I am. Thanks for your input
Long, wide, deep, and without hesitation
BeoBill

Re: Another question on the double action trigger and recoil

Post by BeoBill »

I bought the recoil spring set from Wolff, and finally settled on the 20# spring. The set allows you to experiment to see which spring suits you best, and it isn't that expensive.

I'll let others comment on the hammer spring question, as I haven't touched mine.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

I had the 22lb recoil spring and went back to the stock spring because it was unseating the mag on the last round causing the slide not to hold open.

YMMV
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
tooltwister

Post by tooltwister »

I just replaced my stock hammer spring with a Wolff 18#. I find I have a 2.5 -2.75# single action trigger. It is very smooth and light, almost too light, in my opinion, for concealed carry. I haven't replaced the stock recoil spring because it functions just fine.
OG17

Post by OG17 »

I have the 22# recoil spring on mine and went from the 18# hammer spring to the 20# hammer spring because I found the SA way too light for my liking. Although I didn't measure it, I tend to agree with tooltwister that it has to be around 2.5 - 2.75 lbs with the 18# hammer spring on it. I couldn't control the shot placement in SA mode.