Slide stop and spring

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
wallyworld8

Slide stop and spring

Post by wallyworld8 »

Anyone find a source for parts lately? I purchased a very nice P64 last year (my 3rd) but it jammed open after the second shot. the slide stop had shifted in and jammed the slide back. After a long time of thinking about it, I found the only way to get it out was to gring it away from the discharge hole until it was weak enough to break out. Now I need a new slide and spring. I used to have a guy in Poland, but he is no longer answering his emails.
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Re: Slide stop and spring

Post by Weasel640 »

wallyworld8 wrote:Anyone find a source for parts lately? I purchased a very nice P64 last year (my 3rd) but it jammed open after the second shot. the slide stop had shifted in and jammed the slide back. After a long time of thinking about it, I found the only way to get it out was to gring it away from the discharge hole until it was weak enough to break out. Now I need a new slide and spring. I used to have a guy in Poland, but he is no longer answering his emails.
Do you need the Slide as well? The Slide Stop and Spring are both on Gunbroker. There are a few more in lots if you search "P64 Parts" as well.
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Our own Norm Sutton has the springs (as he does the trigger return spring) that he makes himself should you need one. Check the main forum page for his info. He makes the (better than OEM) springs himself and accepts PayPal.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

I have used Gunbroker for P-64 parts. But if Norm has some i would try him first
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
wallyworld8

Post by wallyworld8 »

Thanks guys! I will try Norm and GB. I have used GB a bunch in the past but hadn't looked lately.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

Here's one more source you might check: http://www.robertrtg.com/store/pc/P64-c202.htm

He has parts but stock comes and goes. Some new, some used but might find something. More is better!
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
wallyworld8

Post by wallyworld8 »

robhic, Cool, I think I bought a gun or some special Ammo from this guy years ago. Name definitely looks familiar. Thanks
chestertnted

Post by chestertnted »

Try Numrich as well. I have found some obscure parts there
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
wallyworld8

Post by wallyworld8 »

I did find them on GB. Thank you all!
Weasel640
Forum supporter
Forum supporter

Post by Weasel640 »

chestertnted wrote:Try Numrich as well. I have found some obscure parts there
Unless they have another section for the P-64, they have been sold out of everything (except for the springs Wolff makes better) for a while.

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/Manufactur ... -43085.htm
Weasel

When you vote, you are exercising political authority, you're using force. And force my friends is violence.