Pinky extensions question

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
gilmaxter

Pinky extensions question

Post by gilmaxter »

Hello my name is Gilbert.

I recently purchased a very nice p-64 and while I have to say I do enjoy it and plan on getting the Wolff springs. There is one thing I really want the most for it first.

A longer pinky finger extension. This website was the top of the search list for P-64 information and I wonder if anyone has any information about that. If I can purchase longer ones online or something.

Thank you very much for your time :)
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Re: Pinky extensions question

Post by robhic »

Gilbert, welcome to the forum. I assure you it is FULL of information for cleaning, tuning, fixing and operating your new P-64 pistol. They are great little guns and I love mine. Sorry that the first post seems like it's gonna be a downer but I've yet to see magazine parts. New mags - yes. Parts - no. :cry: A LOT of other parts for the gun ARE available but there is a good (very good) chance that you won't need any! These things are built extremely well and springs seem to be the biggest commodity. Recoil and hammer springs to lighten that horrid trigger pull from Wolff. Trigger return and slide-lock lever springs made by forum member Norm Sutton for $6 apiece SHIPPED! and he takes PayPal! Beautiful custom holsters by forum moderator/administrator (??? I think) DFUNK of American Gunleather and a few other places listed in different post for parts acquisition. Some directly from a guy(s) in Poland! Reasonably priced. But maybe someone else can help with mag parts cause I ain't seen a one. Sorry.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
gilmaxter

Post by gilmaxter »

Well kinda lame to hear that but at least I know. What about grips ? Anything on that respect I like the wooden grips that cover the beaver tail but is Marshall grips the only thing available at the moment ?
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Gil.

Yea Marschals is probably your best bet.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

There is one other option, these folks:

http://www.grips4u.net/

Their work looks good and their prices are not too bad and their turn around time I think is faster than Mr. Marschals, just maybe not as pretty. And welcome to the Brotherhood.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
LauraPeterson

Post by LauraPeterson »

robhic wrote: June 23rd, 2015, 7:13 pm Gilbert, welcome to the forum. I assure you it is FULL of information for cleaning, tuning, fixing and operating your new P-64 pistol. They are great little guns and I love mine. Sorry that the first post seems like it's gonna be a downer but I've yet to see magazine parts. New mags - yes. Parts - no. :cry: A LOT of other parts for the gun ARE available but there is a good (very good) chance that you won't need any! These things are built extremely well I loved this and springs seem to be the biggest commodity. Recoil and hammer springs to lighten that horrid trigger pull from Wolff. Trigger return and slide-lock lever springs made by forum member Norm Sutton for $6 apiece SHIPPED! and he takes PayPal! Beautiful custom holsters by forum moderator/administrator (??? I think) DFUNK of American Gunleather and a few other places listed in different post for parts acquisition. Some directly from a guy(s) in Poland! Reasonably priced. But maybe someone else can help with mag parts cause I ain't seen a one. Sorry.
I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Production wood working jobs are a bit of a hobby of mine, so my approach is going to be setting up jigs and fixtures to easily reproduce them (mostly the inside, which is the most complex part). Getting all of that designed and built will take some time, but I see that as an investment, as it makes it easy to make more. In fact, I'm liking this idea so much that I'm thinking of investing in a wood stabilizing setup like knifemakers are using these days, and going into production with several models.
Ketchman
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Ketchman »

I for one will be very at attentative to see what you come up with. Please keep us informed.
And Welcome LauraPeterson.
Close enough for Government work will get you dead, ask any Vet.
Curly1
Elite member
Elite member

Post by Curly1 »

Welcome to the forum Laura.
Laugh Hard and Often.

Gary