P64 Slide not holding open

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
chestertnted

Re: P64 Slide not holding open

Post by chestertnted »

I assume you tried a different magazine?
"For the Founders, the right of the citizen to be armed-they never imagined a world in which they would be disarmed for the supposed benefit of preventing access to weapons by madmen."
roblox84

Post by roblox84 »

I only tried it with the two mags I had because I figured if it did that with two mags what's to say it wouldn't do that with the third one.
petesimon

Post by petesimon »

Try different ammo brand/type. When I installed a heavier main spring from Wolf GunSprings to reduce the recoil pounding on my hand, used original factory magazines (with serial number engravings) and used Red Army Standard ammo or LVE Sport ammo, the slide locks open after the last round and everything works fine (see attached photos) during every shooting session. Those ammo have a good kick! I really like ammo which has red color rings. but Silver/Brown Bear, TulAmmo and some others may be too 'weak'.
Attachments
redarmystandard-9x18mm-mak-pistol-ammo.jpg
redarmystandard-9x18mm-mak-pistol-ammo.jpg (78.48 KiB) Viewed 5115 times
lve-novosibirsk-9x18mm-Mak-pistol-ammo2.jpg
Last edited by petesimon on September 8th, 2015, 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
petesimon

Post by petesimon »

Curly1 wrote:The guy from Poland has them. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =465799804 , Check the spring to. Should look like this. http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =475104934
links are dead. gunbroker deletes auction pages a few weeks after the auction has ended.
we would like to see the photos of the items you're talking about. :D
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

If you're talking about the slide lock-back lever spring, you can get them from forum member NORM SUTTON who makes that spring and new trigger return springs himself and accepts PayPal!!! Go to the main page for this forum (the 'HOME' page) and the info is there. If you need either spring they're only an email away.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke