Weird Mis FIre

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
Palmer Pastor

Weird Mis FIre

Post by Palmer Pastor »

New to the page but love my P64. Have shot many rounds through it. I recently took it to the range with some friends. We shot it a few times then the slide stuck open. Thats when I found out the slide stays open with a empty magazine after joining this page that is. Thanks for the help. But since then the pistol only fires when I hold it upside down. Its kind of movie gangsterish but not what Im looking for. Any ideas?
gemini1

Re: Weird Mis FIre

Post by gemini1 »

How is it a misfire, as your title say? And you need to give us a little more details on how your pistol functions. What happens when you hold it correctly and pull the trigger?
You might need to completely dis-assemble/breakdown the parts and check if there's any broken parts.
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

There's a spring that pops the slide stop open when your mag is empty. Perhaps this little spring is broken, lost its 'springiness' or is missing. The good news is that forum member Norm Sutton makes a replacement spring for $6 delivered! And he takes PayPal. Look at the main forum site page and see where he advertises new trigger springs and slide-lock springs for $6 delivered. If there was a king of this forum I think Norm would be it!!! :mrgreen: The directions are available, too, so you can check the spring (or lack thereof...) and hopefully diagnose your malfunction. Not hard to change, either.
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke
robhic
Veteran member
Veteran member

Post by robhic »

I gave you a good description of the function of the slide lock spring and its operation and where to get one. I think I must still be a bit fuzzy from my nap! :shock: What you may need is the TRIGGER spring. Also available from Norm Sutton, also for $6 delivered and also obtained from the main page of this forum. I need an aspirin... :oops:
- Robert

"Giving Money and Power to Government is Like Giving Whiskey and Car Keys to Teenage Boys" - PJ O'Rourke