p-64 firing pin

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
fvdberge

Re: p-64 firing pin

Post by fvdberge »

Looking for replacement. My firing pin broke. Any suggestions?
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Like I said, the GunBroker Poland special or see about the dude on here that had his barrel bulge on him. There aren't any other sources of parts other than the unfortunate person on here that has something blow up so they part the gun out, or GunBroker's Polish hook-up dude.
US Air Force Veteran - OEF/OIF
bil

Post by bil »

So, after two full years, there's still not a source for firing pins or safeties?
bil
The Only Sarge

Post by The Only Sarge »

jeepman3366

Post by jeepman3366 »

you can go to gunbroker and order a firing pin or go to www.laukart.pl i got onr in 14 days after ordering it, now i know longer have a paper weight. :D
Kilmister

Post by Kilmister »

I was all excited reading this hoping that it would be the doorway to someone who would take a stab at make 7 or 8 round magazines for the P64 as well. :cry:
oh well.
Thanks,
E.

-Why can't I find a Hoppe's-scented candle?
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

I don't know if there is enough room in the magazine to make it 7 or 8 round. You could try cutting some off the bottom of the follower but I highly doubt that will work. The magazine would almost have to stick out the butt of the grip (be longer than it is). I wonder if 1 or 2 more shots would add any more effectiveness. You'd probably be dead before you got any more than a few shots made if you didn't put them down with the first or second.

I think if I had a Hoppes scented candle, it would probably go in the trash. The smell of that stuff makes acid run up my throat. :)
Kilmister

Post by Kilmister »

you'd have to put something up the front of the magazine to make it flush with the grip, but if you have big mitts, it would give you some more purchase to hang onto. i have skinny hands and they barely fit the grips on the 64. I was just thinking it would be cool to have something like the SR-9 has, where you have a small magazine for when that is appropriate, and a big one that turns the grip into a full-size for when you have clothing that conceals better, or maybe you're going to the range and don't want to reload quite as often. And having one or two more rounds is never a bad thing. If things go bad, there's no saying it will be over and done in a few shots, you might end up even having to reload and keep shooting. Like the 1 armed guy with all those guns in "the Unforgiven" said, "i don't want to get killed for lack of shooting back". That being said, I'm not a fan of spray and pray.

I think Hoppe's #9 smells great. Makes the wife gag though.
Thanks,
E.

-Why can't I find a Hoppe's-scented candle?
juniustaylor
Elite member
Elite member

Post by juniustaylor »

Good points E. I would agree with those.