reassembly tips?

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
penguinsscareme

reassembly tips?

Post by penguinsscareme »

So. Here I've got my P-64 laid out in front of me, stripped down to its component parts. Once I got the safety back together I figured I was about home free.
I was wrong.
I know what needs to happen here, I just don't seem to have the manual dexterity to pull it together. Near as I can tell, it seems you have to have five hands, each one strong as a lumberjack's and yet small and nimble as a pixie's.
My two big hangups right now are the trigger return spring and, well, let's just take that for now.
Is there a specific order in which all this needs to happen? Is there some special tool I'm missing?
Boy, I really wish I could have seen this thing being built at the factory, just to know how they did it.

BTW, the safety lever is still REAL stiff, which is the reason why I stripped it all down in the first place. Pretty sure I don't ever want to mess with that detent ever again.
penguinsscareme

reassembly tips?

Post by penguinsscareme »

Well, once again I have answered my own question, it seems. ::) I found the assembly manual posted here. Great stuff. Just can't say enough about this site. Thanks.