can't put slides back on after soaking in diesel!!

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
penguinsscareme

Post by penguinsscareme »

Took delivery of two P-64's this week. Last night I soaked them in diesel. This morning I tried to put them back together, but the slides will not seat back down on either gun. I had them apart a couple times before soaking them, it took a little finesse to get the end of the slide over the muzzle of the barrel, but no problem getting seated once past that. Now...nooo worky.

Help?
penguinsscareme

Well. Okay. Problem solved, I reckon? Both slides are resting comfortably now atop the frame. I put an empty magazine in each gun, took it out, and the slides went back on like butter. Panic attack over, but still mystified.
lagavulin62

Post by lagavulin62 »

are you saying you couldn't get the slide to go forward because you realized you had the magazine in? I did the same thing once. took me 5 mins to realize I needed that magazine out.
penguinsscareme

No, I figured out what it was -- the slide stop had popped outward. Would have been real easy to figure out if I hadn't panicked, but I had convinced my wife that these were a good deal, and then I had them laying in pieces on the kitchen table, and yeah. Same thing happened when I got my SKS: the first time I cycled the bolt after getting it home, THE ENTIRE TRIGGER GROUP FELL OUT. If you've never seen an SKS trigger group before and have no idea how to put one back together, like I didn't, and apparently neither did the person from whom I had bought it...hilarity. My spouse has the forebearance of a sitcom wife.