Sometimes, nothing happens

Mods and Fixes by P-64 users...
whgraham

Post by whgraham »

Once out of approximately 25 SA trigger pulls, nothing. Have to manually nudge the hammer or trigger, hear a little "tick" and then try again and it works. Sometimes though SA is fine and the hammer is released, but I still get this secondary "tick". Seems like one problem may be that the trigger is not resetting. Maybe it's the same problem, but the "nothing happens" thing is not comforting.

Want to carry this gun, and don't feel great doing that until I figure this one out.

Pardon me if this is a known issue. I'm new to P64's.

Thanks.
Last edited by whgraham on April 24th, 2009, 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

whgraham
not to sure whats going on try spay the gun with WD 40 then wip it off , re oil the gun , you counld also have a week trigger return spring or it could be off the knoch

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
sla011308

Post by sla011308 »

I received my P64 about 1 1/2 weeks ago. I changed out the hammer spring, let it set in diesel fuel overnight and cleaned/oiled it properly. I put a round in the chamber and went to fire the weapon in SA, but nothing happened. The trigger moved like the safety was on, but it wasn't. I then put the hammer down and tried to fire from DA, but had the same result. The trigger moves freely like the gun is on safety. I was considering using it as a carry gun, but not real confident with it right now. Any advice for repair?
whgraham

Post by whgraham »

I'm guessing trigger return spring, but am hoping for some actual experience council, since I've not had this one long. Maybe that both of our problems.
sla011308

Post by sla011308 »

I hope not, I only have 30 days to return if it isn't in working condition. I guess we can just wait to hear from someone that has experienced this as well. Hopefully, they are able to give us some helpful information to resolve the problem. Good luck!!
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

you can give me a call my phone No. is in this tread

viewtopic.php?t=1821

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
sla011308

Post by sla011308 »

Okay, so I went out this afternoon and fired it for the 1st time. It would fire in SA and very accurately, I might add, but not in DA as long as there is a round in the chamber. If I eject the round, I can dry fire it as much as I want. This doesn't make any sense at all???
whgraham

Post by whgraham »

NORMSUTTON wrote:or it could be off the knoch

Thanks Norm. How would I check the "knoch"?
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

whgraham

take the slide off . put gun in a plastic bag that you can get both hands in and then take the slide stop off . then it should look like this

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
jbabbler

Post by jbabbler »

I made the mistake of pulling the trigger on mine with the slide off. The trigger bar slipped out and I had a similar problem. I had to make sure the spring was set as norm shows above. Been fine since.
John has a long mustache
whgraham

Post by whgraham »

Thanks Fellows.
sla011308

Post by sla011308 »

Norm,

The trigger spring was off the knotch on mine, however, I was able to get it back on and the gun fired in DA as long as there wasn't a round in the chamber. Once I put the round in the chamber and eased the hammer back with my thumb or used the safety to uncock it, it wouldn't fire from DA. If I pulled the hammer back to SA, it fires very well. If I try to ease the hammer back down to DA, it won't fire. The trigger just moves freely.
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

sla011308

you might need a new disconnector , I don't know the ,only way I can get any of my guns to do want you describe is to pull the slide back a little ,or drop a round in the barrel and let the side go, witch is bad for the extractor

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM
N.R.A. LIFE MEMBER 1976

ImageImage
sla011308

Post by sla011308 »

Norm,

Forgive me for sounding ignorant, but I don't know what the disconnector is. I will try your last recommendation and take the slide stop off. You also suggested that it might be trigger return spring, is this something that I could purchase somewhere? Hopefully, this will remedy the problem and I can get back to shooting. If you wouldn't mind pointing out or discribing the disconnetor and I will try that as a back up plan. Any assistance you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
sla011308
normsutton
Global moderator
Global moderator

Post by normsutton »

sla011308

I sell the trigger return spring
viewtopic.php?t=1821

NORM
NORMSUTTON@AOL.COM